- Posted: 1 day ago
Wireless Telecom Group (WTG), Inc., comprised of Boonton Electronics, Holzworth, Noisecom, and CommAgility, is a global designer and manufacturer of advanced RF and microwave components, modules, systems and instruments. Serving the wireless, telecommunication, satellite, military, aerospace, semiconductor and medical industries, WTG products enable innovation across a wide range of traditional and emerging wireless technologies. We have a new opportunity for an Application Engineer for the Boonton, Noisecom, and Holzworth brands within our Parsippany, New Jersey or Boulder, Colorado facilities or remote (work from home).
The Applications Engineer will be responsible for understanding potential and existing customer measurement challenges and proposing, and potentially demonstrating, solutions utilizing Boonton, Noisecom, and Holzworth hardware and software. This person will work closely with sales, engineering, and product management teams to act as the conduit for technical information exchange pairing Boonton, Noisecom, and Holzworth products and test expertise with customer and/or market requirements.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide pre- and post-sales technical support working both remotely and on customer premises.
- Provide technical consultative assistance during the sales process to accurately assess potential customers’ needs and determine the appropriate solution / product fit.
- Perform product demonstrations virtually and on customer premises to support new sales activities.
- Provide training to sales associates and external customers to support product promotion.
- Assist with tradeshow participation.
- Keep informed of industry and market trends and requirements in order to provide input on potential product innovations and anticipated customer demands.
- Develop technical product collateral such as white papers, application notes, webinars, and presentations.
- Establish and maintain credible technical relationships with customer base and sales channels.
- BS in electrical engineering, science, technology, or related field.
- Two to five years of experience using or supporting RF and microwave or various electronic test equipment such as RF power meters, RF signal generators/synthesizers, phase noise analyzers, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, bit-error-rate testers, etc. – through both manual and remote operation.
- Familiarity and knowledge of: RF power, phase noise measurements, and noise figure measurements; RF signal generation; RF, microwave, analog and digital circuitry; test and measurement instruments and techniques; signal integrity; etc.
- Previous experience as a Test & Measurement Field Application Engineer or Technical Support Engineer highly desired.
To succeed in this role, the following attributes are required:
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, consensus-based organization, where teamwork and cooperation are critical to success.
- Passion for enabling customer success.
- Acute customer focus.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal) with emphasis on active listening and technical documentation.
- Proven effective presentation skills.
- Desire to continuously learn and gain industry and product knowledge.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, and industry regulations.
- Ability to travel (25% to 35%) predominantly domestic with occasional international travel.
- Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint.
We offer the following benefits to full-time employees who have met all eligibility requirements:
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Group life/AD&D and long-term disability insurance
- Group 401(k) plan with company matching contributions
- Paid time off and company paid holidays
- Casual business attire
Visit our corporate website at www.wirelesstelecomgroup.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Comments: Nothing in this job description restricts Management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Wireless Telecom Group
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?