Create lasting, positive impact.
By considering Wipfli LLP, you’ve decided to go beyond the ordinary public accounting and consulting firm. At Wipfli, we create positive impact and lifetime relationships by leading and working with an outward mindset. As a member of our team, you will be inspired to think freely and follow your passion, grow as a professional by developing your skills and commit to serving our clients and communities with honesty and integrity.
Wipfli has a broad national footprint with offices coast to coast — and we’re still growing! As an associate, you’ll have access to skill development and career opportunities, whether you want to move up or transition into another area of specialty. You’ll also have the flexibility and technology to work wherever you are, whether it’s at home or in our clients’ offices, or switching Wipfli offices if you’re looking to move across the country.
Join a company focused on giving back to the greater good — at Wipfli, we’re committed to supporting the communities we do business in. To learn more about our volunteer efforts, who we are and what we do, visit wipfli.com.
Apply now for a 2020 Part-time Tax Internship in our Chicago, Lincolnshire, Palatine or Tinley Park office! The Part-time Tax Internship will provide challenging projects, continuous learning, and the opportunity to work alongside diverse accounting professionals.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
Responsibilities & Commitment
As a Part-time Tax Intern you will gain hands-on experience with a flexible, part-time work schedule (January – April 15, 2020). The focus of your work will be on federal and state income tax returns, and other accounting duties, as assigned.
What you will gain:
- Experience the Wipfli Way first hand while working side by side with professionals from all levels of the firm
- Develop experience and skills to become a trusted business advisor for clients and associates
- Gain hands-on experience in tax work, and related software applications
- Develop administrative, professional, and interpersonal skills to the extent of being able to organize, analyze, and communicate with others in a productive and efficient manner
- Pursuing an accounting or finance degree from an accredited Bachelor's program
- Completion of Intermediate Accounting I (before starting the internship) or prior tax experience
- Team-oriented attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Coursework in corporate income tax is a plus
- Proven communication skills (verbal and written)
- Working towards eligibility to sit for CPA exam upon graduation (150 credits)
- Preferred coursework in Data Analytics or Big Data
- Ability to think independently and make good decisions based on education and experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with clients and staff
- Ability to prioritize work, follow through on requests, take initiative and meet deadlines