Winzer Corp Plano, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Incumbent will be the key point of contact and have complete ownership of the vendors assigned to him or her. Position is responsible for keeping appropriate levels of inventory on hand ensuring the company goals of fill-rate, inventory turns and obsolescence are met. Responsible for purchasing MRO and OEM fasteners and supplies. Accountable for obsolescence reporting and minimization. Responsible for driving vendor performance with regards to price accuracy, lead time, information and shipping accuracy. Primary focus will be to maintain a good working balance between fill rate, inventory level, turns and transfers.
· High school diploma or equivalent. Prefer some college coursework completed
· 2+ years of related experience. Experience in purchasing fasteners is highly desirable
· Knowledge of federal government purchasing regulations is highly desirable
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Detail oriented
· Computer literate
· Good analytical skills
· Run essential reports pertaining to stocking levels of assigned products
· Review and adjust purchasing variables/planning records for stocked inventory to maximize the key performance metrics of inventory turns and fill rates
· Build and issue purchase orders to the appropriate sources, while making sound buying decisions driving bottom line profits
· Review and expedite ordered product to ensure timely delivery
· Establish and maintain vendor databases
· Review and respond to receiving and pricing discrepancies
· Review and drive vendor performance with regards to price, lead time, information, and shipping accuracy
· Works alongside Product Manager to manage cost of goods and negotiate vendor price increases/decreases
· Monitors obsolete inventory and initiates vendor returns
· Report increase information and work with vendor inside sales to hold or reduce said increases
· Responsible for managing set inventory levels and proposing solutions to achieve said levels
· Other duties as assigned by Manager
· Must be able to efficiently use a personal computer equipped with standard keyboard and mouse
· Ability to communicate in English to locate, read and report information and communicate with employees, vendors, etc.
Winzer Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristic protected by law.
BusinessView all jobs at Winzer Corp