Are you looking to develop your professional skills as part of a collaborative team? A consumer products client seeks a motivate individual to serve as a Software Engineer in Test to join their team on a 6-month contract basis; however, has the intent to extend longer or convert into permanent work. Moreover, this is a innovative opportunity for an imaginative, and exceedingly organized person looking to grow as a professional.
- Work within Agile framework to plan and execute work.
- Develop, enhance and execute automated tests and frameworks.
- Influence software design to maximize testability and automation potential.
- Work side-by-side with developers and functional testers to create test specifications from user stories/requirements and transform selected tests into an automated test suite.
- Triage defects and effectively communicate parameters to developers for rapid reproduction and fix.
- Develop test plan and procedures for testing new products and sustaining efforts.
- Install / setup of test environment.
- Execution of automated and manual tests.
- Effectively communicate results and issues to developers, managers and program through direct communication, use of bug tracking system, triage abilities, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching to test execution resources for running tests (manual and automated) and collecting results.
- Promote and implement automation capabilities throughout the entire software development lifecycle including, functional, performance, scale and stress.
- 5+ years’ experience in software test and test automation with knowledge of bug tracking tools, test case management systems, build methodologies.
- Experience with Python, Java, C/C++, etc.
- Familiarity with software build and delivery process (Jenkins).
- Experience with test automation and frameworks.
- Proficient in Windows and Linux.
- Familiarity with testing and automation of firmware and embedded code.
- API automation testing including working experience with test frameworks
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and set direction for software test projects.
- Adaptive fast learner – able to ramp up quickly on domain area.
- Self-motivated, flexible with a passion to make a difference.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and documentation skills.
- Proficient using MS Office productivity packages – Excel and Word.
- Willingness and ability to mentor others.
- Experience in Agile methodology a plus
Interested? Apply Today!
Job Number: 316929