Senior Financial Accountant
Background Check: Yes, must be completed in order to start
Length of Project: 7 months
Interview Process: Hire off phone screen. Start mid November.
Hours: 40 hours, 8-5 with a little flex, OT during the close
Job Location: Madison, WI. They are currently all work from home and there is no plan in place to go back, however it may happen after the new year. They only want to consider candidates who make sense geographically at this time.
GENERAL PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
- To perform senior level accounting activities in the areas of general ledger and financial reporting, expense analysis, capital projects, audit, and other related functions.
- To assist the Controller by performing analysis activities and by assisting with ongoing closing and reporting functions for Covance Laboratories.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Performs regular general ledger and period end closing responsibilities including, but not limited to, journal entries, review of expenses, accruals, allocations, etc.
- Prepares monthly financial reports, quarterly SEC schedules, account reconciliations, and other financial schedules or analyses as assigned.
- Analyzes budget vs. actual performance data; assists with interpretation and analysis of reports.
- Prepares quarterly fluctuation analysis (income statement & balance sheet).
- Prepares annual tax schedules as required by Corporate.
- Assists with regular review of account reconciliations and resolution of outstanding items.
- Assists with the development and implementation of financial policies and internal controls.
- Performs measures to monitor and control capital expenditures and fixed assets.
- Assists with the coordination of work requirements for all external, internal, and special audits.
- Assists with the preparation of semiannual budgets.
- Provides expertise in sales and use tax accounting.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Makes recommendations for improvements in processes and/or quality of information reported and assists with implementation of action plans.
- Performs other related duties or special projects as assigned.
- Assists Controller as required.
- Mandatory immunizations and screening as required.
- Overtime work as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS/REQUIRED LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS:
- B.S. in Accounting plus 5 years related experience. Professional certification (CPA, CMA) preferred.
- Knowledge of financial statements and GAAP.
- Proven ability to review and analyze data.
- Proficient computer operation skills including accounting system, spreadsheets, and word processing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.