Certified Medical Assistant
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Certified Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting in providing clinical care to select patients under the supervision of the professional nurse or licensed medical practitioner and provides clerical office assistance.
1. Prepares exam room, treatment room, supplies and instruments.
2. Prepares patients for physician visit and examination assisting as directed.
3. Takes patient’s vital signs and records in medical chart.
4. Understands proper function and care of special equipment.
5. Performs EKG, PFT, Audiometry, Titmus Test as indicated after a performance evaluation checklist completion. Also performs UDS, BAT, Phlebotomy, and other lab testing as indicated after performance evaluation checklist completion.
6. Maintains records by completing patient records as directed; file record and reports.
7. Assists with collections/billing procedures as needed.
8. Uses computer software to maintain office systems.
9. Identifies and responds to issues of confidentiality.
10. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
1. Current Certified Medical Assistant from Certifying Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), or the National Association for Healthcare Professionals (NAHP), or the American Medical Certification Association (AMCA), or registration from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) or National Certified Medical Assistant or Registered Clinical Medical Assistant Specialist or (NRCMA) Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant or (MAAC) Medical Administrative Assistant Certification or Clinical Medical Assistant Certificate (CMAC).
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification
High School diploma or equivalent such as a GED.
Winston Medical StaffingWhy Work Here?
World class partners
Winston Support Services has been in business for over 55 years, since 1967, and is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Health Care Staffing Service. We are vendor managers to some of the most prestigious hospitals, medical facilities, and corporations located in the New York Metropolitan area.
AddressNorth Bergen, NJ
HealthcareView all jobs at Winston Medical Staffing