F/O Supervisor - Hourly
- Posted: 8 days ago
DEPARTMENT: Front Office/Rooms
DIRECT REPORT: Front Office Manager or Assistant Front Office Manager
Assists the Front Office Manager in directing and supervising
the daily operational activities of the hotel’s Front Desk Operations within
the established guidelines to standards, and to ensure total guest
• Ensures complete guest satisfaction.
• Prepared for guests at all times.
(Attention to all details).
• Take ownership of environment, (people,
property, valet, etc.)
• Have all the right people in the right
place at the right time.
• Achieves financial goals.
• Manage and motivate all front desk
personnel with the daily supervision to include staffing, training, discipline,
scheduling and visually monitoring performance to ensure adherence to all
service and productivity standards to provide guest satisfaction.
• Checks and controls room reservations,
front office systems, supplies inventory, scheduling, forecasting and
department budget to maximize revenue. Assists in compiling and preparing
financial reports; including rate and availability calendar.
• Communicate with guests and employees both
verbally and in writing to answer questions and provide clear direction in advising
and instructing staff in details of work. Organize, conduct and/or attend
meetings to obtain and disseminate pertinent information.
• Performs front desk supervisory duties such
as guest check-in, check-out, cash handling, balance and assign house bank,
accept and record vouchers, traveler checks, and other forms of payment.
• Monitor lobby traffic and make staffing
• Implement and monitor all corporate
• Organize and conduct pre-shift and
departmental meetings to disseminate pertinent daily information. Attend other
hotel meetings as deemed necessary.
• Investigates guest complaints.
• Participates and/or steers the hotel Safety
• Ensures that Quality Standards and Services
are maintained for Property, Product, and People.
• Provide assistance and instruction to other
front desk staff.
• Manages Guest Service Relations, Training,
and Guest Response processes.
• Communicates daily with other management,
department heads and employees to ensure proper operating procedures are in
• Assist in Sales calls as part of the hotel
• Must be able to work all shifts.
• Ensures Security for the hotel’s customers,
employees, and property assets.
• Remains current on business trends and
local activities, including the competitive market.
• Enforces established policies and
procedures for WinStar World Hotel and the hotel’s brand.
• May be required to work a varying schedule.
• Assists in check-in
/ check-out of guests or any related guest service activity.
• Perform room inspections which require
bending, stooping, reaching overhead and moving throughout guest floors.
• Perform other duties as requested.
• Assists in conducting the departmental
operational audits and assists in developing corrective action plans.
• Practices the WinStar World Hotel Culture
and ensures all cultural expectations are implemented and regularly practiced
throughout the hotel.
• Supports hotel’s training needs and
• Monitors Guest Scores to included Signature
and focuses on product improvement to include the PIP and Capital process.
• Responsible for performing “other duties”
as assigned by management.
- Excellent written
& verbal communication.
- Must speak, read
and write English.
- Must understand and
maintain confidentiality in all circumstances.
- Strong analytical,
problem solving & organizational skills.
- Ability to
multitask in fast paced demanding environment.
- Microsoft Office
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean
and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required
articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
- Ability to obtain any certifications, licenses or
permits that may be required by law or company Regulations.
• Must have thorough knowledge of all
operating departments including rooms, front office, housekeeping, engineering,
accounting, sales, food and beverage for limited service hotel operations.
• Must have considerable knowledge of
computer systems for guest registration, reservations, reporting and etc.
• Must have above average financial
comprehension to understand and interpret numbers as they apply to operations
• Must have thorough supervisory skills proficient
in accomplishing the task.
• Must have the ability to develop
subordinates to enhance advancement in the hotel and throughout the
• Must have the ability to effectively deal
with internal and external customers, some whom will require high levels of
patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, and resolve conflicts.
• Must be well groomed in uniform or business
• Must be trained in CPR Certification and/or
First Aid Training preferred.
MENTAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Physically mobile with reasonable
- Must be able to lift and carry
upwards to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to bend, reach,
kneel, twist and grip items while working at assigned desk area.
- Manual dexterity and coordination
to operate office equipment, including 10 key adding machines, personal
computers, fax machines, and photo copiers.
- Read, write, speak, and understand
- Operate in mentally and physically
- Respond to visual and aural cues
- Work in cold & hot temperatures
be exposed to second hand smoke
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when
performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or
safety. The hotel will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained
in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to
report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly,
to your Manager.
Standing, bending, stooping,
and lifting weights up to and including 25 lbs. may be required. The
hospitality business functions seven (7) days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere
must be projected at all times.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?