IT Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
IT Support Specialist
Reports to: IT Manager
The Information Technology (IT) Support Specialist is the primary contact for operational technology support at Winsted, including onboarding and hardware provisioning; and will work with the IT Manager to implement the minute, practical details of the company’s technology and security strategy. As the front line of support, the IT Support Specialist will respond to help requests promptly and courteously, and thoroughly investigate and solve issues as they arise. The position requires strong interpersonal communication skills and sound instincts informed by experience with a wide range of technology. The IT Support Specialist will also maintain records regarding IT assets issued to employees or retained by the department, manage relationships with hardware vendors, and assist to evaluate new products.Primary Responsibilities
- Perform friendly and effective training and orientation of new employees on Winsted IT systems
- Provide prompt and friendly assistance for all IT support requests for on-site and remote employees based in the US
- Meet regularly with the IT Manager to discuss progress on projects, apprise of roadblocks and recurring issues, etc.
- Order computers and new hardware as needed based on business and role requirements
- Maintain hardware/software vendor relationships for best pricing, process scalability, lead times and support
- Configure computers, software, and user accounts according to documented policies
- Monitor and test backups of endpoints and servers
- Publish and continuously update documentation of procedures and hardware assets under management, in a digital format accessible to the rest of the IT department
- Consistent timely response to support requests
- High School or GED
- Windows operating system, including command-line and batch files
- Network file storage (Windows/Samba file shares)
- Networking technology stack: Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS
- Computer assembly and disassembly
- Excel data manipulations and functions
- Demonstrated proficiency in any programming language
- Understanding of email protocols: SMTP, POP, IMAP
- Active Directory and Group Policy
- Microsoft 365 administration
- Virtual Private Networks
Other desired areas of knowledge:
- Microsoft Intune MDM
- Microsoft Sharepoint, PowerBI, Power Automate
- Encryption (public key, symmetric)
- Database management and use
- Spam-mitigation technologies: SPF and DKIM
- Version control tools, such as Git or Fossil
- Bloomington, Minnesota
Winsted is a worldwide leader in control room solutions. We design, manufacture and install control room consoles and technical furniture to optimize the efficiency of mission-critical applications. Winsted offers a full line of technical furniture for a wide range of applications and end-user segments. Whether our customers are building a state-of-the-art control room from the ground up or simply upgrading an existing control room, Winsted provides the ideal technical furniture solution. Our experts combine the disciplines of industrial design, ergonomics and interior design to create solutions to optimize operator comfort and productivity. Winsted services customers out of facilities in the US and UK. Our commitment to customer service and product quality is second-to-none in the industry.
Winsted is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Winsted is a drug-free workplace and participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law. Winsted is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities.
Get fresh Technology Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!