Winsor Consult Group is looking for Construction Counsel to become an integral part of our team in New York, NY. The right candidate will have experience conducting reviews of financial documentation and contracts relating to government-funded construction projects, communicating audit findings with senior managers, and producing recommendation documents for construction vendors and clients. The candidate will be working in conjunction with both Winsor Consult Group staff and client staff at a location owned by the client – consulting experience / experience in managing client relationships would be immensely helpful to the candidate in this position.
Winsor Consult Group is a Disaster Recovery Consulting Firm that specializes in assisting government agencies with implementing recovery programs following disasters. We have in-house experts covering virtually every aspect of program implementation. We offer a highly competitive salary, full package of benefits including medical, 401K retirement with matching contributions, tuition + certification reimbursement benefits, student loan payment matching, and referral bonuses.
- Perform reviews of contracts, records, and reports to ensure projects are within required guidelines
- Conduct qualitative review on construction invoices
- Review work orders for infrastructure construction projects related to storm recovery and resiliency
- Review regulatory framework for NY state and localities to develop guidelines for those localities to produce their own compliance programs
- Develop contracts for new vendors being onboarded
- Assist management with document and report preparation for monthly reporting
- Additional duties as required
- Juris Doctor required
- Experience in government construction programs
- Experience in reviewing Federal, State, and Local regulatory guidelines to produce overview documents
- Vendor contract management experience a plus