Senior Director, Agriculture, Water and Resilience (ARW)
Winrock International Arlington County, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LOCATION: Arlington, VA or Little Rock, AR
REPORT TO: Associate Vice President, Global Programs
The Sr. Director for Agriculture, Resilience and Water will be responsible for leading Winrock's development and implementation of its strategic vision for the agriculture, water, resilience and food security sector; including development in the fields of sustainable production, marketing, and agriculture technology in Winrock's global programs. The position oversees resilience and water systems work, with linkages to cross organizational work in the area of climate change. The position is responsible for developing and meeting new program funding targets as well as leading the design and submission of project/program proposals to potential donors, in both government and private sectors.
- Develop and direct Winrock's long-term work planning for programs in agriculture, water, resilience, and food security.
- Oversee and manage the technical, financial, and operational work from a portfolio setting, including the management of a large team supervising global portfolio work.
- Assure the timely and successful implementation of all Winrock projects within the ARW portfolio, including donor satisfaction oversight.
- Provide leadership in identifying, developing, tracking, and securing new program funding for Winrock's ARW team.
- Manage/supervise all Winrock technical and technical support staff working in agriculture in the U.S. and worldwide.
- Coordinate with other Winrock teams and groups on strategic planning and developing new business opportunities for country specific programs in ARW.
- Contribute to the future state of knowledge management, technical tools, and approaches at Winrock, incorporating key successful methodologies from the ARW portfolio.
- Manage the oversight, quality control, budgeting and approval of ARW proposals.
- Ensure that the business units within the ARW Group are performing to agreed financial and implementation metrics.
- Support Country Representatives and other Winrock Program Directors in strategic planning as well as identifying and implementing new business opportunities for country specific programs in agriculture.
- Manage relationship activities on behalf of the ARW Group both internally at Winrock, externally with partners/collaborators, and in the donor community.
- Promote a culture of healthy habits, in line with Winrock's work to continue to be a premier place to work.
- Work with the DEI Task Force and Director of DEI to continue to diversify talent and execute continual work on DEI within the portfolio and across Winrock.
QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND:
Education: Advanced Degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required. MBA or Ph.D. in related field preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 15 years relevant experience in agriculture, resilience or water related fields including business planning, proposal management, project administration and staff management in programs financed by the USG, multilateral donors, and the UN.
International experience working and living in a developing country is preferred. A proven track record in managing innovative proposal teams, proven ability to secure funds for program work from diverse donors, and in creating and managing public private partnerships. Experience in the private sector or with private sector donors is preferred.
- Strong business skills, an understanding of human resource management, business planning, and achieving tangible financial results, are required.
- Strong management skills in order to effectively supervise all unit staff, oversee technical and research activities, and implement global projects/programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and ideally one other language.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively and sensitively with a broad cross-section of internal staff and external donors at the senior as well as grass roots level are essential.
- Sound analytical skills, including ability to understand contemporary development concepts, themes and issues and present them clearly and effectively.
- Cultural awareness and sensitivity, prior demonstrated work on DEI initiatives.
- Demonstrated strong organizational management and networking skills, including management of multiple tasks and conflict resolution.
- Understanding of the importance of gender and youth in development and the ability to include gender analysis in program development.
- Effective "hands-on" user of Microsoft Office (especially Word and Excel).
Other: Approximately 30% travel required.
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
AddressArlington County, VA
BusinessView all jobs at Winrock International