Quality Assurance (QA) Supervisor
Winona Foods Green Bay, WI
- Expired: April 16, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
- Department: Quality Assurance (QA)
- Plant Location: Brookfield Plant
- Job Location: Green Bay, WI
Under the direction of the Quality Assurance Manager, the Quality Assurance Supervisor is responsible for implementing and maintaining all company's policies, procedures, and activities involved in food safety and quality of products. The Quality Assurance Supervisor maintains a close working relationship with other department managers and supervisory personnel to identify, solve and prevent problems affecting product safety and quality, maximize productivity, and comply with regulatory requirements.
The list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Oversees the review of production and other manufacturing-related documents to verify compliance and record keeping
- Audit food safety and quality control of raw materials, packaging components, labels, and finished products to ensure compliance with established specifications and regulatory standards
- Follow up with implemented programs (GMPs, HACCP, Allergen Control, Cleaning and Sanitation, Pest Control, Equipment Calibration, etc.) to ensure compliance by all employees and other personnel in the manufacturing facility.
- Oversees test results involving finished products, raw materials, and packaging components and the appropriate release and hold programs associated with these materials
- Oversees the "On Hold" program, including the dispositions and/or release of products
- Working closely with other departments in investigating and correcting food safety or quality-related issues (including customer complaints)
- Understand processes and advocate procedures to ensure that safe and quality products are produced
- Participate in all regulatory, third party (GFSI, Organic, Kosher, etc.) and customer audits Follow up with any corrective action responses in a timely manner
- Maintain a fair and professional work environment that focuses the business objectives
- Oversees internal audit programs that ensure compliance with food safety, regulatory and customer requirements, recommend and implement corrective action plans where necessary
- Manages the Document Control Program and all corresponding changes
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Quality Assurance Manager
Supervise and directs quality assurance technicians and lab technicians who are responsible for enforcing Good Manufacturing Practices and other food safety and quality-related programs by mentoring, training, setting expectations, providing accountability, and performing evaluations.
- Requires four-year college degree (preferred Food Science or related field) with one to two years' work experience in Quality Assurance; or two-year technical degree (preferred Food Science or related field) with two to four years work experience in Quality Assurance
- A good knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices and food safety
- Good understanding of food safety and quality testing within the food industry to include analytical, microbiological, and sensory evaluation
- Must possess a basic understanding of math
- Ability to read, comprehend and write documents such as standard operating procedures, lab results, certificates of analysis, etc.
- Ability to effectively present information to other employees in the organization
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines and make effective decisions
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office applications)
- Ability to adapt to changing operational needs and the ability to lead others through change
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skill in organization and prioritization, with attention to detail
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines
- Preferred: HACCP certification, PCQI certification, Internal Audit certification
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates subject to a pre-employment background check, drug screen, and lifting assessment.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
AddressGreen Bay, WI
TechnologyView all jobs at Winona Foods