Financial Manager, Accounting & Reporting
Winona Foods Green Bay, WI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
- 1st shift
- Department: Accounting/Finance
- Job Location: Green Bay, WI
- Competitive salary and benefits package
The Financial Manager is responsible for managing the accounting functions for the general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable and fixed assets, including financial reporting and month-end closing process. This hands-on role prepares financial statements and related reports, creates journal entries, and supports the annual audit. This position also leads the annual budgeting process and assists with forecast planning and analysis. In addition, this role performs financial analysis work for sales, margins, working capital, financial and expense performance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The list of duties and responsibilities of the Financial Manager is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Leads the month-end close and financial statement preparation.
- Oversees accounts receivable and accounts payable accounting functions.
- Manages monthly, quarterly, and annual closing processes to ensure financials are properly recorded and reported on a timely, consistent basis, within 5 business days: inclusive of reconciling the Sales and Margin database to the General Ledger.
- Maintains and develops internal accounting controls; documents process, identify internal control weaknesses, and provides recommendations.
- Manages and coordinates the Company fiscal year-end audits as the lead representative working directly with our external auditors, coordinates task assignments, due dates, and completeness.
- Prepares and coordinates annual or semi-annual bank audits.
- Research, monitor changes, and assists with the implementation of new accounting standards.
- Evaluate Winona’s accounting practices in accordance with GAAP to ensure conformance with standards.
- Responsible for General Ledger chart of accounts maintenance and budget loads.
- Maintains and posts recurring standard entries.
- Owns the Balance Sheet account reconciliations process. Updates the close file during month end, completes assigned reconciliations, and reviews all other accounts to ensure adequate support exists and all variances are understood and identified.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports for management and third parties.
- Calculates weekly and monthly bank borrowing base and debt covenants compliance certificates.
- Provides analysis of the financial statements, including actual to plan variance, year-over-year variances, business intelligence trend analytics, and accountability to department owners.
- Compiles and publishes divisional financial package, creates bridges / waterfall charts with analytical commentary to explain income statement variances to plan and prior year and attends monthly financial review meetings with senior management departmental leadership.
- Distributes monthly reports and partners with Sales, Supply Chain, HR, IT, R&D, Quality, Executive, and Finance for departmental expense reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and decision support.
- Supports the annual plan and forecasting processes.
- Analyzes monthly inbound and outbound freight costs, maintains accrual, & identifies potential opportunities.
- Partners with Sales to provide business intelligence analytics for sales, margin, customers & products.
- Manages and coordinates fixed asset reporting, roll-forward schedules, additions, disposals, and transfers plus helps formulate capital expenditures and depreciation for forecasts and annual plan.
- Maintains and updates actual capital spending versus forecast or plan.
- Prepares and posts fixed asset journal entries and completes related account reconciliations.
- Works closely with project leaders to close active projects and assign costs to specific assets for capitalization.
- Works with our third-party fixed asset administrator in order to maintain fixed asset records.
- Ensures all fixed assets are properly tagged.
- Works with appraisers as needed and conduct a physical internal audit of assets every three years.
- Contributes to other projects and initiatives, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; Master’s degree and/or CPA preferred
- 4-7 years of progressive accounting experience; cash/treasury management experience preferred
- Solid experience using all Microsoft Office products; Advanced Excel skills required
- Experience using an ERP system
- Experience in budget preparation and financial analysis required
- Treasury/Banking experience preferred, but not required
- Occasional travel required, as necessary
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as credit information, margin reports, sales figures, productivity information, etc.
- Ability to write standard documentation
- Ability to effectively present information to other employees in the organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates subject to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Powered by JazzHR
AddressGreen Bay, WI
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Winona Foods