We’re looking for a Regional Vice President (RVP) to join the Mid-Atlantic team based in the Baltimore/Washington area. We need someone with excellent business acumen and the ability to synthesize data. In short, we need a leader to advance our goals and profit objectives in the region while simultaneously creating an atmosphere that adheres to our guiding principles. If you are a self-starter with a proven track record operating large portfolios of multifamily real estate, this is the job for you.
Manages the operations of an affordable multi-family portfolio for a variety of owned and fee managed assets and is responsible for maintaining strong client relations throughout the portfolio. Supervises site and corporate employees including: Executive Property Managers, Senior Property Managers and Regional Maintenance Coordinators.
- Provides leadership in advancing the organization’s mission and strategy and in achieving the annual goals and objectives of both the company and properties in the RVP’s portfolio.
- Achieves the profit objectives for the region's portfolio of assets and participates in negotiation of management contracts and other agreements on behalf of the company.
- Provides direction, supervision and guidance to the Executive Property Managers, Senior Property Managers, Regional Maintenance Managers, Property Managers and administrative staff.
- Provides leadership to team members of the region consistent with the company’s guiding principles, vision and culture of safety.
- 10+ years of industry-related experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Tax Credit, Section 8 and RAD conversion affordable housing experience
- Understanding of compliance regulations
- Strong knowledge of monthly property management budgeting and financial reporting
- Experience communicating effectively with involved ownership and clients
- Rehab experience
- Knowledge of LIHTC and HUD regulations
- Ability to travel, including away from home on occasion.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications, especially Excel; will produce complex documents and deliver financial / performance analysis
Prime Candidates Have
- Experience with Yardi and Real Page property management software
- Industry Certification(s): NAHP – CPL, SHCM, CAM (MA - C3P), CAM – RAM & ARM honored; CGPM – NAA or NAMA honored