RTU Programmer/Automation Technician (Evans, CO)
Day and Night Shifts Available
** Night Shift: Rotational schedule of 8 days on and 6 days off working 6:00 pm - 6:00 am **
In this highly visible support role, you will be responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving PLCs and RTUs in an oil and gas field setting. Other duties may include equipment calibrations, troubleshooting, repairs, tank measurement, H20 measurements, radio installations, antenna adjustments, and other communication duties. Technician must be customer-oriented and maintain excellent relationships and service to existing customers. Candidates need to enjoy teamwork and be reliable, hard-working, and be adaptable to different working environments, including extreme weather environments.
- Technical degree in Automation Controls or Instrumentation Technology or a BS degree in a related field, or Automation and Control related experience.
- 1-3 years experience with PLC/RTU Instrumentation and Controls.
- Strong computer experience. Must have programming experience.
- Previous experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Experience with designing SCADA/HMI platforms, including programming PLCs.
- Able to read schematics, wiring diagrams, and blue print schematics.
- Valid driver's license with a good MVR.
- Able to speak, write, and read the English language.
- Prepare, install, and service all company products at client sites, which may include equipment calibrations, troubleshooting, radio installations, instrument and controls programming, performing low-voltage electrical wiring, and performing tank and H2O measurements.
- Keep accurate records of hours logged, inventory parts used, and services performed.
- Develop custom programming per customer requirements.
- Produce a sequence of operations for customer review and approval.
- Perform PLC/RTU troubleshooting, using the ABB Totalflow products.
- Must be able to drive by company vehicle as needed to several client sites within territory.
- Create documentation and forms for customers and Company personnel as needed.
- Mentor and train Company employees and customers.
- Maintain strong customer relations.
- Must be able to work alone in remote areas.
- Must be able to create and read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and startup.
- May be designated as a driver or assigned a job with driving responsibilities.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, plus expense reimbursement and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.