Automation Programmer (Arnegard, ND)
Rotational Schedule: 8-days on/6-days off
This position is primarily responsible for programming automation and controls systems involving PLC’s and RTU’s. The Programmer must be fluent in Ladder Logic, C++, and familiar with other PLC programming languages that are used to monitor and control the state of input devices. This position also involves project management activities, including consulting with the customers, to determine their hardware, software, or system functional specifications. These Technicians must be customer-oriented and maintain excellent relationships and service to existing customers. The Programmer may provide technical product support to both customers and Winn-Marion employees.
- BS in Electrical, Mechanical, or Computer Engineering is desired.
- 1-5 years of similar experience is required.
- Experience in the Petroleum Industry with broad based knowledge of oil and gas product lines.
- Fluent in Ladder Logic and C++ programming and familiar with other PLC programming languages.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates problem-solving skills and a keen attention to details and accuracy.
- Good mechanical aptitude and industry knowledge.
- Ability to work under minimal or no supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record; able to travel to various locations within territory.
- Able to speak, write, and read the English language.
- Able to pass drug test and background screening.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must have proven experience in PLC logic and programming with any of the following RTU/PLC’s: ABB, Allen Bradley, Modicon, Siemens, AutomationDirect, etc.
- Able to create and read logic flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation and testing, and startup.
- Able to read and/or create PID drawings and install/implement control devices from engineered drawings.
- Must be able to interface with the customer to identify and workout design and concerns.
- Establish a list of all the inputs and outputs to the PLC.
- Experience with logic auto-generation from templates is a plus.
- Must be able to develop and implement standard engineering practices and provide detailed documentation upon project completion.
- Responsible for some project management activities.
- Establishes and promotes a positive, friendly, and helpful customer relationship while learning their operations, needs, and preferences.
- Performs troubleshooting and startup at our customers facilities.
- Gathers and reports to management information regarding product or customer issues.
- Consistently identifies new sources of business.
- Provides all necessary reports and supporting documentation to management and other departments.
- May also prepare, install, and provide service maintenance on all company products at client sites, which may include equipment calibrations, troubleshooting, repairs, tank measurements, H2O measurements, radio installations, antenna adjustments, and other communication duties.
- May be designated as a driver or assigned a job with driving responsibilities.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies.
- Attends required safety training classes and maintains necessary certifications.
- Completes product line training.
- Conducts all business activities in accordance with Winn-Marion policies.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Daily completion of CSR and timesheet.
- Able to sit and work at computer keyboard for extended period.
- Able to lift and move 25 - 75 pounds on occasion.
- Requires extensive travel by automobile within territory or to branch offices. May require occasional travel by air or vehicle to out of state locations.
- Maintain regular and on-time attendance. Hours may exceed 40 hours per week. Able to work weekends, holidays, and able to respond to calls as needed to fulfill business objectives.
- The employee may be required to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crawl or crouch, and work in close quarters.
- Employee may be exposed to extreme weather conditions, warehouse environments, or production/manufacturing locations.
- Employee may be required to be on an on-call rotation schedule.
Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and our extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental, and vision benefits, plus expense reimbursement and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grown with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.