WINGATE BY WYNDHAM IN ST. GEORGE UT IS LOOKING FOR YOU!! Are you motivated, passionate about the hospitality industry, and looking for a new challenge? If so, Wingate Saint George is currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Engineer. This position is available to start immediately.
Manage the maintenance of property, equipment, and grounds according to company policy and established procedures. Oversee maintenance projects and preventive maintenance programs. Operate the department in a cost effective manner.
Maintain strict guest relations standards and follow company policy on company standards and standards of appearance and dress. Adhere to the following minimum standards of guest contact:
Guests Approaching/Passing by
1. Stop what you are doing
2. Greet them with a smile first, before they greet you!
Anticipate Guests’ Needs
1. Look for guests’ needs
2. Offer assistance before they ask
Questions You Know
1. Give them more than they ask for
Questions You don’t know
1. Never say “I don’t Know!”
2. Always say “I will find out!”
3. Then follow through
1. Keep it simple
2. Use landmarks
3. Type up frequent requests
1. Yes! My pleasure! Certainly! Right away!
2. Then follow through
1. Be creative—try to make it happen
2. If something isn’t possible---offer an alternative
Mistakes, Problems, Complaints
1. Focus on solving the problem
2. Listen carefully and completely
4. Suggest a solution
5. Take action
- Manage a preventive maintenance program for all plant, equipment and vehicles.
- Manage the room-to-room maintenance system to insure constant guest satisfaction with the maintenance of the guestrooms.
- Coordinate the completion of all work tickets on a timely basis with all department heads and staff. Maintain a statistical record of maintenance work tickets and requests.
- Oversee the security needs of the hotel when required.
- Be able to perform all related technical tasks in the operation of the maintenance department, referring a minimum of work to outside contractors.
- Manage, coordinate and document all special projects, as assigned by the General Manager and Ownership.
- Take responsibility for managing the department economically, bringing to the attention of the General Manager means to reduce cost and run the plant, equipment and vehicles more efficiently.
- Maintain strict confidence regarding company-related matters.
- Comply with all company and departmental policies and procedures. Act immediately in emergencies. Produce and keep current emergency and safety policies and procedures. Ensure that the property is inspected daily for hazards and problems related to safety of the guest and employees, taking prompt action when any hazards or problems are present.
- Maintain communication and meet frequently with other departments in matters related to maintenance and safety.
- Fulfill reporting requirements of the General Manager.
- Other duties as apparent or assigned.
- Participate in safety committee on a monthly basis.
Education: High school graduate, two-year college education preferred. Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace. Must be able to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings if needed.
Experience: Minimum of five years of building maintenance with preferably three year's of hotel maintenance.
Physical: Requires repetitive bending, stooping, climbing, standing, walking, sitting, reaching, grasping, carrying, climbing ladders, repetitive motions, visual acuity, and hearing. Requires some lifting of tables, chairs, and other meeting supplies for the purpose of meeting set-ups. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
Full time, hourly position, vacation/paid time off.
Please respond with resume and references.