Medical Equipment Test Technician
Winergy, LLC is seeking a potential candidate to fill the position of Occupational Health and Safety Technician. This candidate will be one that is capable of learning new skills on the job in a unique field. Being that Winergy is a government contractor we are looking for someone that is willing to travel to various clients located in cities around the US and possibly abroad. Winergy is looking for a self-motivated individual that is prepared to play a role on a driven team in a growing business. Winergy is an industrial hygiene consulting firm that also provides testing and certification of key hospital and medical research safety equipment. More information on Winergy can be found at www.winergyservices.com.
· Inspect, test, and certify various hospital and research equipment including:
o Biological safety cabinets (BSCs)
o Chemical fume hoods
o Laminar Airflow Workstations
o HEPA filters
o Pharmacy clean rooms
· Test, balance and certify negative pressure isolation rooms as well as positive pressure protective environments.
· Evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure they follow safety standards and government regulations.
· Collect samples of various analytes in manufacturing environments.
· Work with occupational health and safety specialists to fix hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions and/or equipment.
· Evaluate programs on workplace safety and health.
Education and Training:
This candidate will have ideally obtained or is working to obtain a 4-year degree in the field of environmental science, engineering, biology or a similar concentration. While this is not a requirement, greater consideration will be given to those that meet this qualification. The candidate should also be flexible and prepared for intense on-the-job training in hospitals, medical research buildings and manufacturing facilities.
A Winergy employee can expect to be challenged in a unique environment that demands on-the-spot critical thinking and problem solving skills. Our clients expect Winergy to not only test and certify critical equipment and environments but also help them solve issues that arise within their systems. The employee will not only play an integral role as a technician, but also have the drive to seek new clients and prepare proposals and bids for new opportunities. The employee will also gain critical skills in small business development and expansion.
You MUST be willing to travel. Most clients are outside the state of Indiana and will require the candidate to work outside of Fort Wayne for up to 15 days each month (the total time varies from month-to-month). The trips are typically not consecutive, but are usually 2-5 days in length.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salaried position with bonus structure for out-of-town and weekend work
- 40+ hours a week & some weekends required
- “Flextime” structure for overtime hours
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance
Contact Jennifer Babcock at firstname.lastname@example.org