Customer Service Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you passionate about wine? Do you enjoy helping customers solve problems and find the answers they seek? Do you have a professional demeanor and the ability to stay calm under any circumstances? If the answer is yes, we have an opportunity for you! WineBid is the oldest and largest online wine auction website around. Our company embraces and is committed to equality, inclusiveness, and diversity in all aspects. We are seeking a full-time, motivated Customer Service Specialist to join our team in Napa. This job is not about taking orders and reading scripts. We’re looking for someone who can engage with our customer, think critically and find innovative solutions.
What You’ll Do
- Engage directly with customers through multiple channels (inbound phone calls, chats and emails), who contact us on a variety of topics, ranging from helping them bid on wine in auction to assisting with selling their wine collection, or problem-solving when things don’t go to plan.
- Research and problem-solve to determine the right solution, be proactive, and follow up to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Listen actively with patience, empathy, and kindness to customers and other members of the team alike.
- Display a willingness to learn new things. Give and get feedback in a dynamic open-minded work environment with room to grow.
- Work in our Napa office as part of the customer service team helping our customers with the pickup and drop off wine.
- Assist GSN (Global Storage Network) customers with intake, storage, and shipping of their wines.
- Apply a high level of accuracy and attention to detail to all aspects of the job.
What You Need
- At least 1 (one) year customer service experience.
- A solution-oriented approach to customer service that results in the best outcome for the customer and the company.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and listening).
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- A high level of computer literacy for a variety of tasks, including proficiency in Microsoft Office products. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 a plus.
- The ability to adapt to the changing needs of the company as we grow and innovate.
- A professional demeanor and ability to communicate with our diverse customer base.
- An awareness of when to escalate issues to leadership or other team members always striving for the best possible customer experience.
- College degree preferred
- Experience in luxury wine or hospitality customer service a plus.
- The ability to lift, twist, turn and walk while carrying up to 50 pounds.
What you’ll get
- A competitive wage (DOE), medical, dental and vision benefits, 401k with company matching.
- Annual training allowance to advance your wine or business knowledge.
- Paid time off including a day off every year for your birthday.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic team where you will be challenged and given the opportunity to thrive.
COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
- Must be able to provide proof of COVID vaccination status due to the public facing nature of the position.
- Initial screening and interviews will be virtual for the safety of the candidate and our team.
- Masking guidelines and COVID isolation/quarantine guidelines enforced following the standards put forward by the CDC and California Department of Public Health.
WineBid is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
BusinessView all jobs at Winebid