Warehouse Assistant Manager
Windy City Wire Sterling, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: vision, 401k, dental, life insurance, medical,
The assistant manager position supervises and coordinates activities of workers responsible for picking product and preparing it for same day shipping both nationally and internationally via expedited carrier services.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow.
- Issue written and oral instructions.
- Assign duties and examine work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Maintain harmony among workers and resolve grievances.
- Interview and hire new employees.
- Confer with other managers in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities.
- Confer with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as production, inventory management and quality assurance.
- Ensure correct shipment of international orders
- Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
- Works daily with LTL and FTL vendors to coordinate competitive rates and pickup times.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Technical Capacity.
- Performance Management.
- Learning Orientation.
This position manages all employees of the department, ensures the crew has orders ready to be shipped in a timely manner, and acts as assistant to the entire operations crew. This position is a hands-on. Works with the crew to increase their proficiency and is involved in all day-to-day activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Windy City Wire
Windy City Wire has been leading the way in low-voltage wire innovations since 1994. As a company, we are dedicated to developing solutions that generate significant results for our customers. We don’t want to simply sell cable, we want to provide comprehensive cable management solutions that save integrators time on their projects from concept to completion.
45448 East Severn Way SterlingSterling, VA
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Windy City Wire