We have a locations in Elkhart as well as Middlebury (WE ARE ALWAYS HIRING FOR EACH LOCATION):
Elkhart address: 3100 Windsor Ct, Elkhart, IN 46514
Middlebury address: 420 N Main St, Middlebury, IN 46540
Job duties include:
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answers inquiries and directs them through registration process and prepares patients for health care visit.
- Always positively affects the patients and visitors perception of the visit experience.
- Assists patients with insurance documentation and billing questions. Guides patients in providing required information and completing paperwork.
- Professionally obtains patient information necessary for processing medical charges, including a copy of an insurance card, a copy of a driver license or other form of photo identification, and other information related to each patient situation.
- Obtains medical history.
- Prepares, assists and accurately completes all forms.
- Supports patient care delivery.
- Assists providers during examination and treatment.
- Takes vital signs and performs all ancillary tests appropriate to skill level, certifications and state regulations.
- Performs ancillary testing and tasks as ordered by the Provider (PFT, EKG, injections, audiograms, blood draws) and as certified.
- Dispenses medications and DME within scope of practice and as ordered by the treating provider and in accordance with state regulations.
- Applies bandages, dressings and splints as ordered by the treating provider.
- Educates patients.
- Completes records.
- Maintains supplies, cleans rooms and decontamination of equipment, and stocks rooms with required supplies.
- Maintains and operates all clinical equipment, including calibration and record keeping in accordance with current policy and procedures.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment.
- Conducts business in a service-oriented manner that is attentive, cooperative, sensitive, respectful and kind with dealing with patients, visitors, the public and all colleagues.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and orderly appearance in the lobby and overall clinic throughout the day.
- Performs drug screen collections for both DOT and Non-DOT drug screens, according to DOT guidelines; ensures preparation for pick-up and shipment to appropriate laboratory.
- Attends clinic staff meetings as required.
- Completes required certifications; becomes proficient in clinic systems and procedures, and maintains currency in all policies, practices and procedures.
- Performs duties to achieve or exceed established service standards.
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- 1. Ability to speak clearly and effectively in a variety of settings.
- 2. Ability to participate in initial and ongoing training as required.
- 3. Effective communication and interaction with employers, patients, providers and other colleagues. Ability to use tact and diplomacy appropriate to situation.
- 4. Ability to maintain working relationship with all levels of colleagues.Skills:
- 1. Attention to detail 2. Customer Service skills3. Problem solving skills 4. Basic knowledge of clinical procedures, medical anatomy and physiology. Working knowledge of occupational medicine requirements (state specific)5. Documentation skills