- Posted: over a month ago
COMPANY PROFILE: At WTEC Energy, we help bring power to millions of people and businesses across the United States. Headquartered in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ, we are a leading manufacturer servicing the energy market with locations in 4 states. WTEC Energy is a privately held company committed to providing innovative, sustainable energy products and solutions for today and tomorrow.
We service and support diverse markets including: Renewables (Solar and Wind), Electric Utility (Transmission, Substation and Distribution), Oil & Gas (Refineries and Production), Communications (Fiber Optic), Industrial OEM (Wind Turbine) and Petrochemical.
WTEC Energy is a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) that promotes a positive work environment where individual contributions, innovation, and cultural diversity are valued. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and employee benefits with significant career growth potential.
COMPANY WEBSITE: http://www.wtecenergy.com
What do we expect from Data Analyst?
Having enough raw data will not help the business reach their goals but making sense with data is .Data Analysts do more than merely presenting numbers and figures to management. They take more in-depth approach to recording, analyzing raw data for insights and trends , obstructing meaningful information , and presenting the findings in an easy format.
The responsibilities of a data analyst often include:
- Designing and maintaining data systems and databases, including troubleshooting potential issues
- Mining and cleaning data in preparation for analysis
- Source and query data required for both ongoing business intelligence efforts and larger-scale data science projects.
- Draw meaningful insights from large datasets
- Support daily reporting on core business functions.
- Use visualization tools to present complex data in a simple, engaging manner.
- Assist in the management of long-term data projects. Effectively communicate with business stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities for new data projects. Ask smart questions, diagnose the real problem, and develop a long-term solution.
- Preparing reports which effectively communicate their findings to organizational leadership and key stakeholders
- The candidate must have a strong background in computer science, engineering, mathematics
- 3+ years’ experience with data extraction, manipulation, and presentation in a usable format
- Technical experience that involves querying and manipulating data to address business problems
- MySQL and SQL Server: proficient with complex queries
- MS Excel: advanced proficiency (Pivot Tables, Pivot Charts, AutoFilter, Macro, VBA, and Advanced Formulas
- -MS Access: proficient with loading data, writing queries and manipulating data
- Power BI
- Experience in common analytics tools (SQL, Tableau, Adobe/Google Analytics)
- Knowledge of coding languages (i.e. R, Python)
- data visualization and presentation skills,
- Interest in more advanced topics in analytics (machine learning, artificial intelligence)
This job operates in a professional office setting. This role uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines to perform day to day duties and activities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and benefits package, which includes a comprehensive Medical, Vision, and Dental Plan, Company paid Life and Disability Insurance, 401(k) Plan, and Education/Certification assistance.
WTEC Energy is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the power and importance of a diverse employee population and strongly encourage applicants with various experiences and backgrounds
Wind Turbine and Energy Cables
AddressHasbrouck Heights, NJ
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?