- Posted: over a month ago
Headquartered in Marlborough, Massachusetts, Wind River Environmental services and maintains a broad array of non-hazardous liquid waste systems, including grease traps, septic
tanks and related waste systems. The company offers a full suite of services to
business, residential and municipal customers. Wind River Environmental is an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Dispatcher is responsible for routing Wind River Environmental vehicles and ensuring our customers are serviced with excellence at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work a rotating, schedule that will include partial weekends
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Responsible for working closely with Wind River Environmental customers and technicians to resolve customer, fleet and other issues that occur
- Must have a passion to service our customers
- Develop routes and maintain contact with technicians throughout the their scheduled hours worked
- Collaborate with team and management to modify daily routes to accommodate the needs of our customers
- Act s a communication liaison and answer incoming calls from the technicians on the road
- Cultivate strong relationships with the technicians and customers to reduce stress that comes with last minute schedule changes
- Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with technicians to establish new routes for timely service
- Manage all shift emergencies and dispatch on-call technicians accordingly
- Perform and complete special projects and meet deadlines, as assigned by the Customer Service Manager
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to understand instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to read and interpret documents including Company policies and procedures,
safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, maps and road signs.
- Ability to speak, cooperate and communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and
- Ability to work independently and manage pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to learn and gain expertise in a variety of computer-based systems – Knowledge of Road net Routing software
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to learn operating procedures quickly and be able to execute consistently up to
- Foster culture of continuous improvement
- Willingness to learn the business and to grow with the company
- Problem-solving skills and desire to think quickly and effectively resolve issues
- Highly organized individual must have strong aptitude to multi-task in a busy setting
Minimum Education and Experience
- Must have High School Diploma or Equivalent
- A minimum of two years’ experience route planning or logistics experience
- Knowledge of UPS Transportation Suite is a plus
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
· Competitive starting rates
· Medical and dental insurance
· Matching 401K
· 8 paid holidays and generous paid time off plan
If you have a proven track record of success working independently, have a good driving record and enjoy dealing with customers apply now.
Wind River Environmental LLC
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Wind River Environmental LLC