$5,000 Sign on Bonus!!
Our Mechanics are the backbone of our fleet. As such they perform preventive maintenance and repairs to our fleet of trucks and equipment to ensure our vehicles are ready to service our customers!
Key Position Points:
Requirements: CDL A license with a tanker endorsement
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose and Repair vehicle systems, including air brakes, electrical, hydraulic, engine and emission related equipment.
- Diagnose and repair specialty equipment
- Respond to road calls or breakdowns when necessary
- Order Parts and Supplies as necessary
- Utilize Dossier Fleet Management Software to record repairs and maintenance
- Assist the regional fleet manager or supervisor to facilitate resolution of fleet related issues.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on various types of vehicles and equipment
- Perform inspections and document conditions on all equipment
- Assist in coordinating repairs with outside vendors
- Ensure that all Federal, State, and Local EPA, DOT, ANSI, OSHA and Safety laws and regulations concerning fleet operations are adhered to
- Other duties as required
- You are regularly exposed outside weather conditions, non-hazardous fumes and noise
- Must be comfortable working independently
- Interaction with customers
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret documents including Company policies and procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, maps and road signs.
- Ability to speak, cooperate and communicate effectively with customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to work independently and manage pressure to meet deadlines.
- Basic computer literacy including email and internet skills.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- At least 5+ years' working in a fleet or transportation industry with direct experience in medium/heavy truck repair
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
- Must hold a Class A or B CDL with ability and willingness to obtain a tanker endorsement if requested
- Prior experience working in a fleet or transportation industry is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office -Excel, Outlook is preferred.
- Experience using fleet management software, databases, and web programs preferred.
- Strong time-management/organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of integrity and make ethical decisions
- Welding experience is preferred
- Ability to successfully pass DOT drug screen, medical certification, physical exam and road exams
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
- Must be able to meet physical demands evaluation
Company Offered Benefits
- Competitive starting hourly rates + opportunity to earn overtime!!
- Opportunity to earn a quarterly safety bonus!
- Company Paid Med-Card Renewals
- Room for Growth!
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid life insurance
- Employee discount for services offered in your area!
- Matching 401K
- 6 paid holidays, 2 paid floating holidays and generous paid time off plan
- Company Paid Uniforms
- Annual Safety Boot Stipend
Wind River Environmental services and maintains a broad array of non-hazardous liquid waste systems, including grease traps, septic tanks and related waste systems. Headquartered in Marlborough, MA we offer a full suite of services to business, residential and municipal customers throughout the East Coast. Wind River Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Wind River Environmental LLCOld Lyme, CT
AutomotiveView All Wind River Environmental LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.