MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / FUNCTIONS:
The Plant Maintenance Technician has complete responsibility and accountability for building, grounds & equipment maintenance, including a focus on electrical work.
Key Performance Metrics: Equipment and PM downtime percentage.
- Manages Preventive Maintenance system for equipment;
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Manages Preventative Maintenance system for building;
- Diagnose electrical problems and install and rewire electrical component.
- Assemble and maintain physical structures.
- Adjust, connect, or disconnect wiring, piping, tubing and other parts using hand or power tools.
- Accountable for building & equipment repairs including contracting & scheduling outside services.
- Coordinates and participates in equipment installs or moves including contracting & scheduling outside services.
- Assist Manufacturing Engineer with equipment builds & new process development.
- Maintain database for PM records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school degree, GED, or equivalent.
- Associates Electro-Mechanical Degree preferred, not required.
- 3-5 years applicable experience in a manufacturing environment required and knowledge of screen-printing presses, oven lines, light fabrication equipment including steel rule die presses, laminators, and lasers preferred, not required.
- Computer aided design CAD software – HVAC tools software.
- Knowledge of electronics (PLC’s), pneumatics, hydraulics.
- Basic troubleshooting of machines.
- Ability to read and interpret prints, drawings and schematics
- ERP software experience preferred, not required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Critical Thinker – ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Proven team player who thrives on diving into the job and getting their hands dirty.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust controls of machine and manipulate or assemble objects.
- Analytical and problem-solving, including the ability to consider relative costs and benefits of potential action to conclude the best outcome.
- The ability to see imperceptible details at a close and far range.
- The ability to enforce good housekeeping, safety and sanitation regulations in daily routine.
- Static strength or the ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects.