- Expired: March 29, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wilson Elser’s New Orleans office currently seeks a Litigation Paralegal.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 900 attorneys, across 42 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Paralegal Studies or a Paralegal Certificate
- 5+ years defense litigation paralegal experience
- Experience in Personal Injury and Maritime practice areas a must!
- Experience with preparing records, assembling exhibits, pleadings, summarizing transcripts, medical record analysis, discovery, and trial preparation
- Experience drafting and responding to standard discovery demands (interrogatories, requests to produce documents, etc.)
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in MS Office Suite and document management systems, ability to quickly learn proprietary software systems and databases
- Professional, clear and effective communication both written and verbal a must
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to multitask and successfully manage a variety of demands
- Team player and ability to work with personnel in other offices
- Ability to integrate quickly into a fast-paced environment
- Prepare records, review and prepare exhibits, and trial preparation
- Contact outside sources to retrieve information and review and analyze same
- Search and retrieve information from court-related databases as well as other online sources for case information
- Organize materials needed for expert witness review
- Review, analyze and organize document productions by opposing parties and co-defendants
- Summarize transcripts and organize key documents
- Prepare and organize materials needed for expert witness review
- Manage documents and maintain organized case files
- Excellent Benefits including a 401k match
- Generous PTO plan
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses their commitment to both their clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online or sending your credentials to
and putting "New Orleans Paralegal" in the subject line.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.
AddressNew Orleans, LA
LegalView all jobs at Wilson Elser