Wilson Elser's Albany office is looking for an Office Assistant to join our exceptional professionals working in a collaborative team oriented environment helping represent sophisticated clients confronted with complex legal challenges.
This exciting role offers growth and learning opportunities for a motivated self-starter seeking to either gain experience in a fast-paced professional setting, or advance their career.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with nearly 800 attorneys, across 36 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and are included in the top 50 of The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a law firm setting
• Good working knowledge of legal documents
• Prior experience with litigation processes
• Must have data entry and typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Ability to work in a team-based setting to support paralegals, legal secretaries and attorneys
• Excellent organization, attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
• Must be highly dependable and able to work well in a team environment
• Familiarity with how to E-file in State and Federal Courts a plus
• Notary Public license a plus
• Answering main telephone line
• Creating and maintaining case and mail lists
• Saving documents in a cohesive manner
• Basic bookkeeping; including logging in checks and completing check requests
• Calendaring items
• Preparing form and simple letters
• Copying and compilation of documents
• Maintaining a neat and professional reception area
• Coordinating the conference room schedule
Why Should You Apply?
•Generous PTO plan
•Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
•Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses our commitment to both our clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.