Wilson Elser’s Ridgeland, Mississippi office is seeking a Legal Secretary to support our exceptional team in a new office with an active and expanding practice.
This is an excellent opportunity for legal professionals seeking to expand their careers who are interested in gaining fast-paced professional experience with a national law firm.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 800 attorneys, across 37 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
• Must have 5+ years Litigation experience
• Prior experience with litigation procedures and processes, including e-filing
• Familiarity with State and Federal court procedures and rules
• Ability to work in a team-based setting with other Legal Secretaries supporting a group of attorneys
• Open to taking on new responsibilities and challenging tasks
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment
• Must know Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Prepare legal filings: format documents, pull exhibits, proofread and redact documents
• E-file court filings must have State and Federal experience
• Open new clients and new matters
• Document management, organization, and saving to network
• Become familiar with court rules and filing procedures
• Prepare cover letters for attorney bills
• Input billing information
• Schedule conferences and depositions, maintain attorney calendars
• Manage bills for third party vendors, process check requests and follow up with accounting
Why Should You Apply?
•Generous PTO plan
•Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
•Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses our commitment to both our clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online.
We are committed to cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity as a fundamental value. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer; Minorities and Women are encouraged to apply.