Wilson Elser is currently seeking a part-time Infrastructure Intern to work a flexible schedule the duration of the school year, with the potential to be extended into a full time position.
This exciting internship will provide an opportunity for the qualified candidate to gain experience in a number of different aspects of working with a collaborative team of Infrastructure professional's managing, assessing, and troubleshooting Microsoft-driven solutions, infrastructure monitoring utilities, and end-user trouble tickets. Wilson Elser will provide invaluable training, mentoring, and on the job experiential learning in a high paced, and dynamic environment.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 800 attorneys, across 40 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal's survey of the nation's largest law firms.
• Actively pursuing a bachelor's degree and will graduate between June 2020 and June 2021
• Computer Science or MIS Major required
• Knowledge of Microsoft-driven technologies (i.e. Windows Server, etc.)
• Previous hands-on knowledge installing/administering Windows servers, is a plus
• Ability to work within a team environment and independently
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Strategic and creative thinking
• Assist with migrating and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange public folders between servers
• Improve existing monitoring utilities by verifying configured monitoring thresholds and alerts, and recommending opportunities for improvement
• Help reduce current open trouble tickets and service requests escalated by the Support Desk
• Assist with Infrastructure best practices and housekeep activities such as server/systems inventories and user account clean-up
• Provide preparation for disaster recovery data center build-out strategic initiative
• Assist with the deployment of Microsoft Windows servers hosted on a VMware virtualization platform (i.e. installation, setup, and configuration)
Why Should You Apply?
•Generous PTO plan
•Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
•Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses our commitment to both our clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm's policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law.