The top talent works for Wilson Electric, and it is easy to see why.
- #1 Ranked Electrical Contractor in the Southwest
- 100% Employee Owned
- Competitive Pay and Best Benefits in the Industry
- Supportive Team Culture and Healthy Work-Life Balance
We are building opportunities for people who care about exceptional performance and quality of life.
Wilson Electric Services Corp is an Electrical and Special Systems contractor. We have ranked #1 as the Southwest’s leading electrical contractor for the last 18 years! Wilson Electric and NETSIAN Technologies Group form a full-service electrical contractor regularly ranked at the top of the industry for size, sales volume, and customer service.
Would you like to join the Wilson Electric Team?
We are excited to share the opportunity for Licensed Journeyman Electricians to join our team and look forward to reviewing your resume. These opportunities require a current UT Electrician License. - Opportunity is eligible for a $750.00 bonus!
As a Journeyman Electrician, you will contribute the team by installing and repairing wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatuses, and distribution equipment.
Your experience with the following items will drive your success in this role.
- Planning new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials
- Providing access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local electrical codes
- Preparing sketches showing the location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints, ensuring that concealed wiring is installed before completion of future walls, ceiling, and flooring
- Measuring, cutting, bending, threading, assembling, and installing electrical conduit, using such tools as band saw, pipe threaders, and conduit benders
- Pulling wiring through conduit
- Splicing wire by stripping insulation, from terminal leads with knife or wire strippers, twisting wires together, and applying tape or terminal caps
- Connecting wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment, using hand tools
- Installing distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays, and circuit-breaker panels, fastening in place with screws or bolts, using hand tools and power tools
- Connecting power cables to equipment, such as transformers, switchgear, and motors, and installs grounding leads
- Testing continuity of circuit to ensure electrical compatibility and safety of components, using testing instruments, such as ohmmeter, voltmeter, and ammeter
- Observe functioning of installed equipment to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement
- Repairing faulty equipment
- Working with and training lower-level employees on proper means and methods of installation and equipment operation.
- Following safety rules
We are an Employee-Owned Company. Our ESOP plan is a 100% employer-sponsored/paid retirement account that has and will continue to change the quality of retirement for our Employee-Owners. We also offer a 401(k) plan with a generous company match. Along with this, we offer excellent and affordable medical, dental, vision, company-paid life insurance, additional voluntary life insurance, short- and long-term disability and a flexible spending account of up to $2,500 which is pre-funded by the company. Employees are eligible for our PTO program as well as paid holidays. Lastly, we offer sponsorship in the Electrical Apprenticeship Program, internal Workforce Development and training opportunities, guaranteed annual reviews and more.