Quality Control Field Inspector
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Quality Control Field Inspector
Location: Various project locations
Wilson Construction Co. is currently seeking a self-starting professional to fill the position of Quality Control Field Inspector. This person would join construction operations to work on construction projects primarily in the Western United States. Wilson recognizes that quality control monitoring is an essential step in our goal of delivering the best possible product to our customer. The on-site Quality Control Field Inspector (QCFI), working together with the project General Foreman facilitates this essential process. The QCFI’s primary task will be to verify that essential contractual obligations are achieved by inspecting materials and construction work product.
This position will require travel and may include temporary relocation to project sites for the duration of that project.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
• Observe and document work practices and site conditions;
• Complete, compile and distribute necessary QC documentation and forms;
• Become familiar with job specifications, prints and project layout (Right-of way maps, etc.);
• Meet regularly with Project Management staff to review and discuss upcoming work and schedule appropriate inspections;
• Answer questions from field personnel concerning clarification on project specifications;
• Perform final inspections on completed features of work;
• Create punch lists, which detail deficiencies;
• Aid in the development of processes/procedures, work methods, checklists, etc. to limit/eliminate deficiencies; and
• Additional duties as assigned.
The successful QCFI candidate will:
• Have 2 to 5 years of field/trade experience;
• Demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and an outgoing and positive attitude;
• Be willing and able to travel to and/or relocate to project areas as required;
• Work efficiently with minimal supervision;
• Be adept at reading and deciphering project specifications and construction documentation including codes, standards, prints and drawings;
• Possess computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite, etc.) applicable to the position; and
• Demonstrate excellent organization skills with a strong attention to detail.
Competitive hourly wage and excellent benefits package including employer paid medical, dental, vision, and 401(k), personal time off and holiday pay.
Wilson Construction Co. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Smoke & drug free environment. Successful candidates will be required to pass post-offer and random drug tests.
Wilson Construction Co.
ManufacturingView all jobs at Wilson Construction Co.