An Adult Residential Care Home in Kailua is looking to hire a full-time Cook with an interest in working with the elderly. This is a full time salaried position with benefits.
We are seeking an individual full of energy, who has a positive attitude, works well on a team and independently, and most importantly is a professional. In a nutshell the duties of the Cook will include -- Food shopping, work with a dietician to develop monthly menu's, meal preparation, meal service, organizing all food and kitchen supplies, maintaining policies and procedures related to food preparation, interacting with staff and residents to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere, maintaining the cleanliness of food storage areas and kitchen. We are looking for someone with a great personality, sense of humor, and the ability to socialize with just about anyone.
The cook will work closely with another culinary professional and various team members to plan, prepare, cook, and plate appropriate balanced meals for our residents. Some resident's health and dietary restrictions may require their food to be chopped, minced or pureed.
Some specific duties include:
*Working with a dietician to develop menu's in compliance with resident restrictions and in accordance to the Dept. of Health standards.
* Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, or serving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
* Ensure freshness of food and ingredients by checking for quality, keeping track of old and new items, and rotating stock.
* Season and cook food according to recipes or personal judgment and experience.
* Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
* Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
* Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to residents.
* Wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption.
* Maintain and uphold sanitation standards.
* Follow proper food handling and Department of Health standards.
* Participate in routine inspections by various agencies.
Have basic kitchen knowledge- food prep, cutting vegetables, kitchen organization, food handling & sanitation, maintaining a professional environment, etc. It is necessary for this person to love cooking and to be a good cook.
* Great Attitude - NO DRAMA WORKPLACE
* Independent Thinker - Self Motivated
* Must have your own transportation and a current driver's license
* Available to work weekends and Holidays on occasion
* Team Player
* Pride in work quality
* Detail Oriented
* Great Communication Skills
* Good Work Ethic
* Criminal and Abuse Abstracts will be reviewed
* Loves People
* Able to lift at least 30 pounds
Culinary background preferred but not required.
If you are interested in this position, please reply to this posting with your resume.
You can take a virtual tour of our beautiful home here: http://tours.in1spot-photography.com/public/vtour/display/40347?idx=1