Family Law Firm Legal Assistant (2 years experience)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Established Santa Barbara Family Law Firm seeks full time, experienced legal assistant with minimum of 2 years family law experience. Position available immediately.
· Format, proof-read and e-file documents;
· Maintain Office Legal Calendar (must have experience calculating court/litigation deadlines, knowledge of/ability to find and apply local rules; experience using Outlook);
· Interface with clients, attorneys and the court;
· Work with/support attorneys and staff as a team player.
· Administrative office functions.
The right person for this position will:
o Possess a professional demeanor and above-average client service and communication skills;
o Be detail-oriented, polished, punctual and willing to work hard;
o Be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks, problem-solve and work with minimal supervision;
o Have strong organizational skills, the ability to multi-task and transition easily from one project to the next;
o Possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Legal Software Programs (Word, Outlook, Abacus, Essential Forms, etc.);
o Have experience and knowledge of legal procedure, legal document format and layout as well as legal terminology;
o Possess excellent listening, grammar and spelling skills;
o Have experience and knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment, such as personal computer, fax and copy machine, as well as multi-line phone system;
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with office staff, attorneys, court personnel and clients;
o Have a very good sense of humor.
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid parking, holidays, vacation and sick time, medical & dental insurance.
PLEASE DO NOT call to inquire. Email submissions only. Please email resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Wilson & Pettine
AddressSanta Barbara, CA
LegalView all jobs at Wilson & Pettine