Job Role: Staff Writer / Regulatory Policy & Compliance Trends
Salary: 70,000 - 85,000
Why do we want you?
Are you a Compliance Reporter / Compliance Writer / SEC Writer or SEC Reporter? OR are you a Journalist who keeps up to date with Compliance Trends and Regulatory Compliance?
Here at Compliance Week we are looking for a proactive, self-directed journalist to cover corporate compliance-related news.
A bit about us.
Wilmington plc is a company with a difference. Over the years we've grown by acquisition and as such we have many unique businesses in our portfolio. Compliance Week is one of them!
Compliance Week is the top resource for news and information in the compliance business community. Since inception over 12 years ago, CW has assisted our readers with making well informed decisions. Our audience represents financial, legal, governance, risk, audit, and compliance executives at public companies.
As a Staff writer you will be covering corporate compliance-related news, including government regulatory policy and trends, federal- and state-enacted legislation, technology news, best practices, and other topics important to Chief Compliance Officers.
Primary responsibilities include monitoring and reporting on actions taken by federal agencies/Congress that impact corporate compliance, pitching daily stories, writing news, analysis, and opinion pieces, as well as generate in-depth content on compliance trends and prominent companies and individuals. CW is looking for a reporter with great news instincts, a knack for knowing what's important to CCOs, and a skilled writer who can summarize complicated topics in plain language. In short, we're looking for a passionate content-generating machine who has all the right contacts and can own the corporate compliance beat. Applicants do not need to be located in the Boston area.
- Pitch and write daily news stories and analysis on compliance-related regulatory policy and trends.
- Write occasional opinion pieces.
- Generate ideas for longer-form compliance trends pieces and special reports that would include multiple pieces of content on a single topic important to the compliance community.
- Generate ideas for podcasts, video, interactive graphics and other methods of digital storytelling.
- Voraciously monitor government agencies for the latest news as it applies to corporate compliance.
- Have a thorough understanding of how Congress, the SEC, and other relevent government agencies operate and know the right places to source news and information.
- Develop a comprehensive contact list filled with government regulators, corporate compliance practitioners, and subject matter experts.
- Conduct informative interviews with said contacts as well as compliance business leaders.
- Develop unique surveys (15-20 questions) on compliance-related topics, and help disseminate those surveys to a targeted audience of compliance professionals.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills but to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to tick most of these boxes...
We know it's not a skill, but the successful candidate must have permission to work in the role's location by the start of their employment.
You will also need;
- Degree in Communications, Journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 5 years experience as a reporter for a news outlet or B2B journal, including a track record of collaboration on major projects.
- Must show examples of recent work demonstrating high level of skill in developing clear, compelling stories on complex topics.
- Strong int