Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Wilmington Community Clinic Los Angeles, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Join Wilmington Community Clinic!
We are looking for full-time (40 hours/week) and part-time (20 hours/week) Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists and Licensed Clinical Social Workers to join Wilmington Community Clinic (WCC)!
WCC provides quality, non-discriminatory health services to improve the health and well-being of all served, regardless of their ability to pay. We have served patients in and around Wilmington and Los Angeles for over 40 years. We are proud of the services we provide and put patient care front and center. We provide medical, mental health and dental services.
WCC offers a competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, paid time off, paid holidays and free employee parking. The environment is team oriented with a clear focus on the mission of the organization.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Conducts psycho-social and functional assessments to clients and families.
- Assesses, develops and coordinates a clinical treatment program for patients with acute or chronic psychiatric disorders.
- Performs short term counseling and crisis intervention as appropriate.
- Ensures that patient care provided at WCC is maintained at the highest levels of excellence and in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy using evidence based psychotherapy interventions, and case management as needed.
- Provide outreach, patient identification, education, and provider consultation on addiction treatment and enhancing our integrated service delivery model of care
- Collaborate and communicate with a multidisciplinary treatment team and makes referrals as needed.
- Meets with the Clinic Director regularly for mutual communication on clinic activities, project status, requirements and compliance.
- Attends community and organization functions/events scheduled throughout the year.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish, preferred.
- Possesses leadership and management skills and ability to work both independently and as part of a treatment team.
- Experience with assessing and treating multi-diagnosed individuals a plus.
- Experience with individuals with various forms of addiction a plus.
- Knowledge of accreditation requirements relating to diagnosis, treatment, recordkeeping, and electronic medical records.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulations relating to care of patients.
- Experience with county, state and federal programs such as CHDP, Medi-Cal, preferred.
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of diverse populations.
- Communicates and works effectively and sensitively with diverse populations including underserved and uninsured.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with staff members, patients and other clinicians and work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Maintains superior expertise and completes continuing education requirements.
Education and Experience
- LMFT or LCSW licensure required.
- Master’s degree in psychology, counseling, marriage & family counseling or social work from an accredited school, required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in clinic based or community health center environment preferred.
Thank you for your interest! Please submit a letter of interest and resume. We are unable to accept direct inquiries about this position (i.e. phone calls, emails).
Wilmington Community Clinic
1009 N Avalon BlvdLos Angeles, CA
GovernmentView all jobs at Wilmington Community Clinic