Coordinator of Advancement Events
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Wilmington College is a career-oriented liberal arts institution founded by and closely affiliated with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). Our beautiful main campus is located in southwestern Ohio. We encourage you to review our website and learn about our history, what we are doing today and how we are preparing for tomorrow. It is an exciting time here at Wilmington College.
Wilmington College is seeking applications for the position of Coordinator of Advancement Events within our Advancement team. This is a full time, non-exempt, 12-month position on our main campus in Wilmington, Ohio. This position reports to the Senior Managing Director of Advancement Operations.
The Coordinator of Advancement Events is responsible for the administration and logistics of the Office of Advancement's busy events schedule. This position will also create and manage the master event calendar, including events at the national, regional, local, and campus levels.
Event Planning and Production
- Maintain Advancement Department master event calendar. Ensuring that all departmental events are accounted for and structured.
- Develop comprehensive planning timetables, target markets and budgets for all events.
- Assist with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (floral, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the Advancement Office.
- Aggressively gather information on each project to achieve quality event productions.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revised room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors and campus community on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to staff directors for each event project.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see our space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested.
- Schedule and coordinate all volunteer labor
- Coordinate all Advancement events
- Request appropriate geographic Alumni reports
- Delegate and assist with Alumni contact responsibilities
- Schedule and verify all Alumni gatherings
- The Event Coordinator functions independently to manage the long-range planning and scheduling necessary for event-related activities.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Advancement Team is staying on schedule and performing the tasks necessary to ensure a quality event.
- The Event Coordinator is the primary liaison with many offices both on and off campus regarding events planning and implementation. However, it is critical that they maintain a very close relationship with the President's office.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading skills, and speaking.
- Strong project management skills with ability to lead and delegate.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years' experience with office administrative management preferred.
- At least 1 year experience coordinating special events.
Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and mail merges; email and web searches.
To apply, submit a letter of interest, resume, and the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
Wilmington College is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate unlawfully in employment matters on the basis of race, religion, gender, color, ancestry, national origin, age, disability or any other category protected by law.
Wilmington College conducts background investigations including criminal, work history and credential confirmation on all employees as a condition of continued employment. Some positions may require additional motor vehicle record review and drug screening. Must be able to provide documentation for proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until the position is filled.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Wilmington College