Busy insurance practice in Texas hiring for both PT/ FT Dental Assistant.
Dental assistants perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties, and often work chair-side as dentists examine and treat patients. They make patients as comfortable as possible in the dental chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental records.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to -
1. Assisting the Dentist during any of the various procedures being performed
2. Taking and consequently developing x-rays
3. Inquiring about the patient's medical history
4. Serving as a proxy ‘Infection Control Officer’ adhering to infection control protocol and sterilizing equipment.
5. Assisting in making patients feel comfortable and prepared for the procedure they have been scheduled for and thereafter.
6. Assist in providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as placement of restorations.
7. Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health: teeth brushing, flossing, and nutritional counseling.
8. Taking impressions of patients teeth for study cast.
9. Performing office management tasks that often require that use of a personal computer.
10. Communicating with patients and suppliers; scheduling cleaning appointments, answering the phone and ordering supplies.
11. Helping to provide direct patient care within all dental specialties.
12. Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the office by taking out the waste daily.
13. Ensure all operatories are cleaned thoroughly and prepared for the next day.
14. Flush lines at the conclusion of each workday.
15. Make sure all units, x-ray machines, film processors, etc are taken care of daily. If manual tanks are used, turned off the water in the darkroom and make sure all chemicals are addressed daily.