Laboratory Technician, R&D
- Expired: November 06, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Laboratory Technician | Biotechnology | Synthetic Biology
About Willow Biosciences:
Willow Biosciences is a synthetic biology company focused on the development of biobased processes to produce ingredients, including those for consumer care, food & beverage, and pharmaceuticals. Our scientists engineer organisms to produce plant-, animal-, and petrochemical-derived ingredients through precision fermentation. Our processes are more sustainable, secure, and cost-effective than traditional extraction or chemical synthesis routes and typically provide final products in higher purity.
Join our team:
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they are doing. At Willow Biosciences, we are committed to developing high-purity ingredients for cosmetics, food, and pharmaceutical products. We work hard, were serious about what we do, and we like to have fun too.
Job Listing: Laboratory Technician Research and Development
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Lab Technician to support our diverse and dynamic multidisciplinary R&D team. The primary responsibility of this individual will be managing daily operations of the lab from shipping and receiving to managing inventory to equipment maintenance. This individual will work closely with the R&D team to support all laboratory operations to meet company goals/milestones. If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you!
Location: Mountain View, CA USA
Education: BSc in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related discipline.
Experience: Bachelors of Science, plus one or more years demonstrated experience working directly in a laboratory environment. Candidates with experience working in a life science start up environment are preferred. This position works collaboratively with the science team and thus excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Maintains glassware by cleaning, washing and sterilizing glassware
- Prepare and autoclave media, agar plates and general necessities
- Prepare stock solutions
- Monitor lab consumables stock and request orders for general lab supplies such as pipette tips, centrifuge tubes, culture tubes, and chemicals/media supplies.
- Coordinate disposal of general and biohazard waste
- Receive and unpack deliveries and update inventory lists
- Establish and co-ordinate service and maintenance contracts for laboratory equipment (Q-Pix, TECAN, Agilent systems Bravo, Rapid Fire)
- Troubleshoot lab equipment issues with vendors, and coordinate field service engineer on-site visits
- Maintain cleaning log of lab equipment
- Develop (with third-party vendors as necessary, standard operating procedures and programs for laboratory safety, safety training, chemical inventory tracking/disposal, laboratory operational permits, biohazardous waste disposal, and maintain accurate and up-to-date records on all training, permits, and incidents)
- Propose continual operational improvements for efficiency and quality
- Work closely with R&D team to cross-functionally support improvement initiatives
- Proactively maintain organization of labs.
- Co-ordinate space planning (present and future)
- Act as the primary point of contact between administrative, scientific, and building management for scheduling the use of shared equipment, and scheduling facilities and maintenance requests
- Assist in office management (kitchen and office supplies)
- Assist with maintenance of asset management system and documentation
- Assist other functional teams in the company as needed to achieve company milestones
- Remaining in a seated or standing position for extended periods
- Performing repetitive tasks with hands, fingers, and wrists
- Use of standard lab PPE (lab coats, safety glasses and gloves)
- Ability to lift ~10kg (~22 pounds)
- Authorized to work in the US
Benefits and Perks:
- Competitive benefits package, medical, vision, dental
- Life / AD&D, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- Four weeks of paid time off plus company holidays
- Opportunities for professional development
- Snacks, weekly lunch, company, and team wide social events
Equal Opportunity Employment
Willow Biosciences is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
AddressMountain View, CA
Get fresh Biotechnology Laboratory Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.