Truck Driver - Warehouse
- Posted: over a month ago
- Drive a vehicle or tractor-trailer to loading equipment.
- Check for flaws in the truck and trailer's tires, lights, brakes, dollies, and deck before parking in the loading zones.
- Aid with loading and unloading trucks for other personnel.
- Truck loading and infrequent crane operating..
- Use a measuring tape, caliper, printed locations, and designated color codes to identify the material.
- Use overhead cranes to retrieve materials from our inventory.
- Use an overhead bridge crane and pneumatic banding tools in accordance with the order specifications provided by the customer, tag and package orders for shipping.
- On a computer tablet, note the employee number, the amount pulled, and the location.
- Use a 16-function pendant control or radio frequency controls to control a 1, 5, 10, or 20-ton crane.
- For the aim of quality control, compare the material received with the receiving documentation.
- Measure, count, and label the arriving materials with the appropriate barcodes.
- Material should be loaded onto departing vehicles in accordance with designated production documents.
- Consider the order of stops, the size of the shipment, and the weights of the various loads when analyzing shipments to find the optimal loading strategy and evenly distribute the weight on the truck.
- On the loading document, note the employee's number, the quantity loaded, and any specific requirements.
- Carry other tasks as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- Valid Class-A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Valid I.C.C. Medical Card in possession.
- Strong understanding of numbers and fractions
- Ability to read a 25-foot measuring tape to the nearest 1/16 inch
- Ability to read and use calipers
- Technical aptitude for entering orders on computers and iPads.
- Ability to use an overhead crane
- Ability to use a forklift
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing, which includes a physical, hearing, back, and drug test
- On-the-job training
- 401 (k) with matching
- Dental vision
- Life insurance
- Health Savings
- Daily overtime rollover
- Attendance bonuses
- Annual gear
- Supply stipends
You should be proficient in:
- Current CDL License
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Shop Math Skills
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- Calipers and Micrometers
- Overhead Crane
$20.70 - $23.70 / hr
Willmar Facility Steel
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Willmar Facility Steel