The Underwriter performs all appropriate underwriting tasks and supports the underwriting team in all aspects of the production and underwriting process. Freberg Environmental Insurance (FEI) specializes in developing, marketing and underwriting insurance programs and we are looking for an experienced Underwriter. At FEI, you will perform key functions that support new and renewal business activities including endorsement processing, policy production, broker servicing and management.
Note that visa employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity.
- Quality control of underwriting documents and timely completion of policy and endorsement issuance.
- Process policy transactions timely and accurately.
- Binding and invoicing new and renewal accounts.
- Provide prompt and professional service to facilitate the processing of business.
- Gather, organize and record information supporting the underwriting decision.
- Handle pre-renewal activity to include preparing & mailing renewal letters.
- Performs administrative duties and handles calls for the department.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience as an underwriter.
- Bachelor's degree Preferred
- Strong understanding of insurance concepts, underwriting practices and procedures.
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills are a must.
- Proven ability to work in a production based environment focused on service and quality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
- Background working in a paperless environment preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.