Create your future. Our Insurance Consulting and Technology business helps clients improve business performance relating to insurance. We use our deep analytical skills to solve practical business problems, applying the latest techniques and software solutions to help clients measure and manage risk and capital, grow revenue and create competitive advantage.
Explore an opportunity. As an Actuarial Intern on our Life, or Property & Casualty team, you will work as part of a team on a wide variety of complex projects spanning product development, financial and risk management, financial modeling and software implementation, pricing and predictive Analytics, performing reserve studies and mergers and acquisitions for our insurance firms. Our clients demand leading edge products and expertise; as an analyst with our firm you can expect to gain tremendous exposure to many different aspects of insurance operations.
Love your work. You will have the opportunity to work side-by-side with some of the industry's top consultants while you develop cutting edge technical knowledge and skills and gain experience working across industries. Some of the projects you may get involved with are:
- Assist with pricing studies for both personal and commercial lines of insurance, using both more traditional actuarial pricing methods, as well as advanced predictive modelling techniques
- Work to develop pricing, valuation, development, and financial projections of clients' insurance business
- Work on project such as Enterprise risk assessment, financial risk modeling, capital management, and reinsurance optimization
- Document and review own work
- Seek and participate in key learning and development opportunities/maintain steady progress through exams
- Build strong relationships internally
- Assist in creating detailed project plans
- Monitor project progress against deadlines and budget
- Progress towards completion of a Bachelors or Master's degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, finance or any other major with significant quantitative course work with a minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Successful completion of one actuarial exam highly preferred
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and/or client service skills and leadership skiIls (actuarial internship preferred)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills; Excel and Access experience preferred