Our client, Williams-Sonoma, Inc., has an immediate need for a temporary Email Marketing Manager at their corporate offices in San Francisco. This role has responsibility for the business strategy and merchandising aspects of email marketing, with the goal of improving email engagement metrics and sales performance. This person will determine the email content calendar in partnership with cross-channel merchants, creative content partners, copy writers, website merchandisers and other brand partners. The role will also influence the brand promotional calendar as it ties closely to email performance. We are looking for someone with a balance of sharp analytical skills and creative abilities. A candidate successful in this role will be supported to pursue permanent roles in Williams-Sonoma Inc in email or other areas where skillset applies.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (WSI) is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. The family of brands, Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Pottery Barn Teen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham, is among the best known and most respected in the industry. They offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home.
A temporary position is an excellent opportunity to gain industry experience or get your foot in the door with an employer. It’s a great way to network, pick up new skills and expand your resume.
Come work for us! We offer competitive pay, as well as SF Health and Sick benefits and 401(k) upon meeting the eligibility requirements.
- Manage the merchandising aspects of email campaigns including product selection, story/content, featured promotions
- Partner with merchants, content, and inventory partners to strategically brief email content, stories, and featured promos, including selection of feature products for batch and blast email campaigns.
- Solicit input from key stakeholders for upcoming campaigns
- Draft Creative Brief ensuring accuracy of product information
- Make recommendations for templates and landing pages
- Drive seasonal updates products, images, and content on triggered email campaigns, helping to further a strategy for expansion and growth.
- Drive development of email, calendar for each season, partnering with Customer Retention Marketing partners to determine the strategy for send frequency, type of campaign, A/B testing opportunities, and more.
- Manage feedback and proofing
- Own obtaining sign-off on Creative Briefs from key stakeholders
- Circulate both draft and final proofs campaigns to key stakeholders, consolidate feedback, resolve conflicts
- Partner with Creative Team to ensure feedback is addressed, coming up with analysis based but creative solutions
- Manage email visual / planning calendar for this year and last year compare
- Ownership of a calendar that serves as a planning tool for email team, brand merchants, and inventory partners; as an informative tool for executive leaders, and a record keeping and analysis tool for historical email performance
- Guide and manage an email coordinator/assistant to maintain this document.
- Liaise with brand marketing and PR teams to strategically drive marketing support for retail store classes and events marketing and collaborator partnerships
- Liaise with Inventory team on product availability as it would affect email exposure
- Manage site readiness for marketing campaigns
- Work with Site Merchandisers to ready the site for upcoming campaigns
- Where unique landing pages are desirable, identify products and layout
- Ensure featured items are highly visible on side and have strong related products
- Analyze email performance from merchandising perspective
- Develop analytical tools and approaches for analyzing email merchandising, including performance by engagement metrics, category sale performance, click through deep dive analysis etc.
- Partner with team on quarterly email performance reviews and Post Financial reviews
- On a weekly basis, summarize campaign sales performance and overlay results on campaign visuals. Include nuanced details on the performance of new email merchandising, content, creative strategy changes. Email out results on a weekly basis to cross-functional leaders.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to be productive in a fast-paced environment
- Proven strategic thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with marketing creative and content, with a demonstrated ability to blend this with analysis
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work well across functions, successfully bringing people together toward common goals
- 1-3 years of marketing experience, preferably retail and email