We’re READY TO WORK, are you?
WillScot seeks a Production Supervisor to be a critical part of our operations management team, driving safety, developing the branch workforce, achieving branch goals, and delivering amazing product and service to our customers.
WHO WE ARE:
WillScot (NASDAQ WSC) is the industry leader in providing storage solutions and modular workplace solutions to customers across North America. Our buildings are used for a variety of applications from construction trailers, to portable classrooms, even medical facilities… Chances are you’ve been in a WillScot building recently! Read more about our opportunity below and if you’re READY TO WORK, apply today!
WHO WE NEED:
Do you communicate well across levels of an organization? Can you be creative while following company process and adhering to safety standards? We're looking for a flexible and knowledgeable coach to ensure day to day activities are meeting the needs of our customers while driving longer term objectives. Hard work, talent, and the will to succeed count at WillScot. We're seeking people passionate about their career and excited to provide our customers a level of service unmatched in our industry!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Production Supervisor (PS) leads and coaches an in-house team and coordinates with external vendors to achieve on-time, quality readiness. This is a fast-paced, construction-oriented environment where safety is critical. The PS ensures our operations are responsive and agile and everyone goes home safely at the end of the day.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Conducts business in compliance with all WillScot Safety, Transportation, and Environmental Policies.
- Manages employee/vendor health and safety through creating a safer workplace, conducting daily safety meetings, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Ensures operating standards are conducted; supported by robust training and communication actions.
- Ensure all work orders are completed effectively. Weekly review/reporting on performance to refine strategies. Labor efficiency assessment and capacity planning activities.
- Ensure off-rents inspections are conducted timely; accurate work orders drafted and damage billing issued where appropriate. Relocate idle fleet and conduct work order assessments as required. Conduct fleet physical inventories counts.
- Manage the Work Order system and the drivers that impact inaccuracies (condition coding), develop strategy to ensure variances are <10% by ensuring work orders for idle fleet are accurate and idle fleet work orders are less than 9 months old. Issue and track vendor purchase orders.
- Order, receive and distribute materials/VAPS to work teams/vendors to support unit completion requirements. Conduct monthly major parts, VAPS and minor parts inventory counts.
- Focus on driving first time quality and reducing <60-day service calls by working with the team on root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS Diploma or GED
- College degree preferred (industry experience considered)
- 5+ years of experience as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Lean fundamentals in the manufacturing industry preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Office/Outlook
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to create the safest, most cost-effective work environment and exceed customer expectations
- The ability to create and maintain a positive, team-oriented work environment
The opportunity to advance your career is ready for the taking at WillScot; if you’re READY TO WORK, apply today!
WillScot is veteran-friendly. If you have military experience, we want to hear from you!
See more about WillScot and what we do on our YouTube Channel!
WillScot offers all full-time employees great work/life balance and a comprehensive benefits package.
- US Employees start with 25 paid leave days a year: 11 vacation days, 2 personal days and 12 holidays annually!
- WillScot’s 401(k) plan offers immediate enrollment and a generous match
- We offer excellent medical, prescription, dental and vision plans with generous HSA funding
- You receive paid disability and term life insurances and an employee assistance program
- Multiple employee discount programs
Collaboration Excellence Empowerment Innovation
WillScot, headquartered in historic Fell’s Point, Baltimore, MD, is a leading provider of space solutions for the construction, education, energy, industrial, commercial/retail, healthcare, and government markets. We serve ~50,000 customers with space solution needs daily, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation, a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry’s most talented staff and management team. Our values guide us to achieving our true potential and create an inclusive work environment which allows every person to thrive.
WillScot is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AA/EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled.
For more information visit our website at www.willscot.com.