We’re READY TO WORK, are you?
WillScot seeks an experienced Branch Operations Leader to manage the day to day success of a busy branch.
WHO WE ARE:
WillScot (NASDAQ WSC) is the industry leader in providing storage solutions and modular workplace solutions to customers across North America. Our buildings are used for a variety of applications from construction trailers, to portable classrooms, even medical facilities… Chances are you’ve been in a WillScot building recently! Read more about our opportunity below and if you’re READY TO WORK, apply today!
WHO WE NEED:
We're looking for a manager experienced in developing processes, driving operational KPIs, and maintaining a safe work environment, while providing excellent service products to customers. This role is key to achieving strategic operation initiatives. Hard work, talent, and the will to succeed count at WillScot. We're seeking people passionate about their career and excited to provide our customers a level of service unmatched in our industry!
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Branch Operations Leader (BOL) ensures the operational success of the branch. You'll be responsible for driving safety, controlling costs, developing the branch workforce, achieving branch goals, and successfully delivering modular space solutions to our customers “Ready to Work!”
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
The Branch Operations Leader focus includes:
- Manages employee health and safety through creating a safer workplace, DuPont STOP™, training and observations, and regularly scheduled assessments of the branch.
- Conducts periodic safety meetings as well as update safety documents and logs i.e. OSHA, DOT/DQF.
- Ensures operating standards are conducted; supported by robust training and communication actions.
- Provides managerial oversight to both contractors and full time branch operational employees (direct labor, field service, dispatch, admin, etc.)
- Oversees the ongoing maintenance, inventory and servicing of the fleet through efficient use of company resources (time, people, money, etc.)
- Ensures timely and accurate work order, off rent/damage bill, inventory and purchasing compliance.
- Ensures accurate and readily available major/minor part, VAPS and other resources necessary to conducting efficient operations.
- Collaborates with HR and leadership to effectively manage branch workforce, ensuring the right recruiting and workforce training strategies are in place to advance company goals. Assesses talent, implements employee development plans and creates and maintains a learning environment. Proactively seeks out top talent externally to maintain a robust pool of qualified talent.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with vendors and customers through open, proactive communication
- Ensures all off-rents are conducted within 48 hours of return; units returned are thoroughly inspected for work order accuracy and capture any damage billing where appropriate. Relocates idle fleet and conduct work order assessments as required. Conducts fleet physical inventories counts at established frequencies.
- Demonstrates understanding of the Work Order system and the drivers that impact inaccuracies (condition coding), develops strategy to ensure variances are <10% by ensuring work orders for idle fleet are accurate. Ensures all idle fleet work orders are less than 9 months old. Issues and tracks vendor purchase orders.
- Orders, receives and distributes materials/VAPS to work teams/vendors on a timely basis to support unit completion requirements. Conducts monthly major parts and VAPS in addition to semi-annual minor parts inventory counts.
- Focuses on driving first time quality and reducing <60 day service calls, communicates with shop personnel to eliminate, conducts root cause analysis and creates permanent corrective actions.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma/GED
- College Degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience as a manager in a service shop/manufacturing/building construction environment
- Proven effective leadership and supervisory skills
- Experience with Continuous Improvement fundamentals
- Competency across a broad range of operational areas including fleet, logistics, inventory, scheduling, dispatching
- Construction experience and knowledge of state/federal requirements, building codes, permitting process, etc. is helpful.
- Proficiency with MS Office/Excel/Word/Outlook
- Experience with MS Project, Hyperion, or reporting tools like Cognos is a plus.
- Strong customer service focus
- Experience hiring and developing strong team members
- Some financial (P&L) management skills
- Experience controlling operating costs and monitoring actual vs. budget financial performance is a plus
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
The opportunity to advance your career is ready for the taking at WillScot; if you’re READY TO WORK, apply today!
WillScot is veteran-friendly. If you have military experience, we want to hear from you!
See more about WillScot and what we do on our YouTube Channel!
WillScot offers all full-time employees great work/life balance and a comprehensive benefits package.
- US Employees start with 25 paid leave days a year: 11 vacation days, 2 personal days and 12 holidays annually!
- WillScot’s 401(k) plan offers immediate enrollment and a generous match
- We offer excellent medical, prescription, dental and vision plans with generous HSA funding
- You receive paid disability and term life insurances and an employee assistance program
- Multiple employee discount programs
Collaboration Excellence Empowerment Innovation
WillScot, headquartered in historic Fell’s Point, Baltimore, MD, is a leading provider of space solutions for the construction, education, energy, industrial, commercial/retail, healthcare, and government markets. We serve ~50,000 customers with space solution needs daily, through a network of 100+ branch locations throughout North America.
Our legacy is rooted in product innovation, a reputation for exceptional customer service, effective management of business operations, and the ability to attract and retain the industry’s most talented staff and management team. Our values guide us to achieving our true potential and create an inclusive work environment which allows every person to thrive.
WillScot is an Equal Opportunity Employer: AA/EEO/W/M/Vet/Disabled.
For more information visit our website at www.willscot.com.