WILLIAMS OVERMAN PIERCE, LLP, a regional public accounting and consulting firm, currently has a position available for a tax manager/supervisor. Our ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of experience in a public accounting tax environment, with a concentrated focus on reviewing various entity tax returns, supervision and training of staff, as well as creating and maintaining client relationships. We are a family-oriented firm that offers an excellent work environment with opportunity for advancement, flexible scheduling and half-day Fridays during the summer. Our benefits are first-rate, including: unlimited paid time off, a 401k plan, medical and dental insurance, and a flexible spending plan.
- Plan and direct corporate, individual, and partnership tax engagements.
- Review complex tax returns including forms 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, etc.
- Identify tax issues and provide tax planning advice to a diverse client base.
- Supervise, develop, and train members of our tax practice.
- Focus on management of client relationships to ensure delivery of exceptional client services.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Work directly with the firm’s leadership to support the many operational elements of the firm’s tax services, including thought leadership, quality control and training and development.
- Ensure exceptional client service by delivering the highest quality results, providing forward-thinking advice and suggestions on relevant matters in a manner that is timely and straight-forward.
- Responsible for leading a team of staff level positions and ensuring proper execution of assignments.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a public accounting environment or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- CPA certification required.
- Experience with multistate taxation is strongly preferred.
- Experienced at reviewing income tax returns and tax provisions.
- ProSystem Tax and CCH Axcess software experience preferred.
- Ability and passion for developing the professional skills of our people.
- Must possess excellent supervisory, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the firm’s management team is critical.
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Experience with CaseWare Working Papers software and a paperless work environment a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast paced environment.