WILLIAMS OVERMAN PIERCE, LLP, a regional public accounting and consulting firm with offices in Raleigh, Greensboro and Wilmington, currently has a position available for a tax manager/supervisor. Our ideal candidate will possess 5+ years of experience in a public accounting tax environment, with a concentrated focus on reviewing various entity tax returns, supervision and training of staff, as well as creating and maintaining client relationships. We are a family-oriented firm that offers an excellent work environment with opportunity for advancement, flexible scheduling and half-day Fridays during the summer. Our benefits are first-rate, including: unlimited paid time off, a 401k plan, medical and dental insurance, and a flexible spending plan.
- Plan and direct corporate, individual, and partnership tax engagements.
- Review complex tax returns including forms 1120, 1120S, 1065, 1040, 1041, etc.
- Identify tax issues and provide tax planning advice to a diverse client base.
- Supervise, develop, and train members of our tax practice.
- Focus on management of client relationships to ensure delivery of exceptional client services.
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual income tax provisions; identify and document uncertain tax positions.
- Perform and review technical tax research, analysis, and written memorandum.
- Assist clients with management of federal and state tax audits and negotiate tax positions.
- Work directly with the firm’s leadership to support the many operational elements of the firm’s tax services, including thought leadership, quality control and training and development.
- Ensure exceptional client service by delivering the highest quality results, providing forward-thinking advice and suggestions on relevant matters in a manner that is timely and straight-forward.
- Responsible for leading a team of staff level positions and ensuring proper execution of assignments.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a public accounting environment or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- CPA certification required.
- Experience with multistate taxation is strongly preferred.
- Experienced at reviewing income tax returns and tax provisions.
- ProSystem Tax and CCH Axcess software experience preferred.
- Ability and passion for developing the professional skills of our people.
- Must possess excellent supervisory, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work harmoniously with the firm’s management team is critical.
- Strong research and compliance skills.
- Proven ability to work on multiple client engagements and adhere to tax deadlines.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws.
- Experience with CaseWare Working Papers software and a paperless work environment a plus.
- Advanced MS Excel experience.
- Excellent analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements in a fast paced environment.
We are seeking candidates with an entrepreneurial spirit, who are focused, decisive and ambitious. The ideal candidates are “big picture” thinkers who understand the impact we have on the individuals and business owners who place their trust in us to lead and guide their financial decisions. We are looking for candidates who are responsible, proactive and passionate contributors who take ownership in their work and believe in extraordinary customer service.