Paralegal - Corporate and Commercial Real Estate
Williams Mullen Clark Dobbins PC
- Expired: March 09, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Williams Mullen is seeking an experienced corporate and commercial real estate paralegal to join our Charlottesville office. The position's requirements are:
- Work with attorneys to prepare all documents required to form corporations (both business and not-for-profit corporations), partnerships and limited liability companies in any state.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation of documentation for amendments, withdrawals, mergers and dissolutions of corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Assist attorneys with the completion of stock certificates and maintenance of stock ledgers.
- Handle registered agent correspondence, filings, changes and notices.
- Create and maintain corporate minute books.
- Prepare drafts of bylaws and operating agreements.
- Assist attorneys in the preparation and filing of UCC filings and handling UCC filing search requests in all states.
- Assist with the completion and filing of SS-4 Forms with the Internal Revenue Service for the purpose of obtaining Employee Identification Numbers (EINs) for corporations, partnerships and/or limited liability companies.
- Maintenance of corporate database.
Work directly with attorneys and clients during closings and corporate transactions:
- Draft, update, and maintain closing checklists.
- Provide attorneys with assistance in the preparation of asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements and merger agreements, the related due diligence and the closing of these transactions.
- Work directly with attorneys on private securities offerings and the related due diligence.
- Create and maintain data rooms.
Real Estate requirements:
- Highly accomplished, legal professional with in-depth knowledge and experience in commercial real estate transactions, with strong organizational, communication, interpersonal and multitasking skills.
- Organize and assemble large quantities of documents for closings and large commercial loans.
- Draft, analyze and review real estate documents, including deeds, deeds of trust, settlement statements, UCC's, title commitments, title exceptions, surveys, zoning letters and reports, environmental reports, lien releases, memoranda of leases, ancillary lease documents and client correspondence.
- Interface with lenders, borrowers, clients, appraisers, surveyors, insurance companies, zoning authorities, local governments, title abstract and title insurance companies, taxing authorities, attorneys, court personnel, and others, in connection with obtaining all necessary information for commercial real estate transactions.
- File zoning applications and other documents with local governments.
- Maintain and organize electronic and hard copies of transaction and due diligence documents.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or related paralegal certificate required.
- 5+ years of experience in managing complex corporate and real estate transactions in a law firm environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of iManage/FileSite or comparable document sharing programs.
- Knowledge of Aderant or comparable time keeping program.
Williams Mullen is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, creed, medical condition including pregnancy, disability, genetic information, gender identify and expression, marriage or parental status, sexual orientation, or Veteran's status.
Williams Mullen Clark Dobbins PC
Get fresh Commercial Real Estate Paralegal jobs daily straight to your inbox!