Williams International is a privately-owned company that develops and manufactures jet engines for both military and commercial aircraft applications. We are a company of creators who deliver pioneering ideas and technologies that lead the aerospace industry. Our culture fosters creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning to position our team members to inspire each other and provide quality products and supporting services that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Williams International has an exciting opportunity for a Power Electronics Engineer to join our team.The Power Electronics Engineer will be responsible for:
- Designing electronic assemblies for aerospace and military applications such as engine controls, motor controls, power converters, sensors, and actuators
- Responsible for defining requirements, performing trade studies to determine the best system architecture, creating electrical schematics, selecting electrical components, performing circuit analysis, releasing designs, and performing testing
- The engineer will also work with other engineers on the mechanical design, thermal design, and circuit board layout of the electronic assemblies
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- 3-5 years of experience electronic devices
- Experience with power electronics in the 2kW to 20kW power range is required, specifically switching power supplies and motor drivers
- Experience with Altium Designer (or an equivalent software) for creation of electrical schematics and circuit analysis is required
- Knowledge of EMI/EMC design considerations and design for high reliability / harsh environment applications is required
- Support testing of electronic assemblies and should be knowledgeable of MIL-STD-461 and RTCA DO-160 test procedures as well and HALT/HASS test methodology
- The candidate must be able to work independently and be able to manage multiple projects
- U.S. citizenship status is required
- Position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance, if needed. Candidates selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For more information on Security Clearances, please visit: U. S. Department of State
Williams International is a Drug Free Workplace where all new team members and contractors are subject to pre-employment drug testing for the following controlled substances: marijuana, cocaine, PCP, amphetamines, opioids and alcohol as policy dictates.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability and protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Why Work Here?
Great company, great benefits and room for growth!