Who We Are
Williams International is a privately-owned company that develops and manufactures jet engines for both military and commercial aircraft applications. We are a company of creators who deliver pioneering ideas and technologies that lead the aerospace industry. Our culture fosters creativity, collaboration, and continuous learning to position our team members to inspire each other and provide quality products and supporting services that exceed the expectations of our customers.
Williams International has an exciting opportunity for a Journeyman Electrician to join our team.
The Journeyman Electrician will:
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical components of industrial equipment.
- Work as a team member or alone to complete projects.
- Observe safety procedures and meet electrical codes.
- Make decisions based on technical documents.
- Perform quality testing and inspections.
- Maintain and repair electrical and electronic systems used in the facility, including its associated equipment, variable frequency drives (VFD), drives, and controls.
- Assist in installation of plant electrical equipment, wiring systems, controls, and other electrical facilities; and performs other related duties as required.
High School Diploma or GED.
- Licensed (journeyman) with minimum 5 years’ experience directly working with machines controls.
- Knowledge of electrical systems, hand tools, and industrial equipment.
- Ability to read schematics, blueprints, and other technical documents, both JIC and European E-Plan.
- Ability to use PLC’s and its associated software to isolate and debug issues. Siemens PLC and CNC experience preferred.
- Basic understanding of ladder logic, statement logic and function blocks.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and fluid control systems.
- Basic knowledge of IT networking.
- Willing to perform physically demanding tasks, such as lift heavy objects, climbing ladders, crawling etc.
- Awareness of national, state, and local electrical codes and regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter who can manage projects and make decisions.
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Government Security Clearance, if needed. Candidates selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. For more information on Security Clearances, please visit: U. S. Department of State.
Williams International is a Drug Free Workplace where all new team members and contractors are subject to pre-employment drug testing for the following controlled substances: marijuana, cocaine, PCP, amphetamines, opioids and alcohol as policy dictates.
Williams International is committed to equal employment opportunities for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, and protected veteran status.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.