Our heritage is driven by our commitment to the core values of People, Quality and Growth; our employees demonstrate, promote and exemplify our core values.
At C.H. Guenther and our subsidiaries we demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships.
Efficiently and safely blend quality ingredients in the mixing blender machines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential functions and responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned by management based on business needs.
- Manually discharge product from blenders into different storage containers. Meet certified training time frames.
- Assist other blending operators with product changeovers and loading of blender.
- Weigh containers and adjust quantity.
- Verify process order to actual Bill of Material for accuracy.
- Record information such as weight, time and date packaged, and check code dates on first case checks.
- Examine work orders for special instructions, proper packaging components, and blending recipe.
- Keep Blending lead person and/or Blending Team Leader informed of problems, potential issues and status of work in progress.
- Keep work area sanitary and orderly and/or wet clean within sanitary quality assurance specifications.
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and rules at all times.
- Perform the following end of line duties:
- Inspect filled containers to ensure that product is packaged according to specifications and is properly coded and labeled.
- Replenish blending supplies such as slip sheet, broom covers, blending processing paperwork, etc.
- Perform a needed metal detector verifications and scale logs.
- Report unsafe conditions and work-related accidents to Team Leader, Manufacturing Manager or Safety Manager immediately.
- Coordinate downtime duties with Lead and/or Team Leader.
- Be at work station when “start” buzzer sounds.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
Minimum Job Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Must complete the 6 month Blending certified training and maintain set time frames for each of the job duties.
High school diploma or GED; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carryout instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to perform all job tasks, and communicate. Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, and occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally up to 250 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and will be exposed to airborne particles. The employee occasionally works with chemicals.
Noise level in this environment is loud.
Will demonstrate, promote and exemplify the Company’s Core Values in People, Quality and Growth.
We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more.
For additional information about our company, go to www.chg.com.
C.H. Guenther & Son and its subsidiaries are E-Verify participating employers.
Click here for more information regarding E-verify.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of the pre-employment screening process which includes a hair follicle drug screen and review of criminal background and other records as required.
Our success is based upon the quality of the employees that we hire top-notch talent who share our company's commitment to our customers and employees and a passion for making the country's best bread.
We will demonstrate high integrity, a commitment to excellence, and a positive attitude in all that we do. We are results driven, lead by example, communicate openly and honestly, value diversity and foster long-term relationships. We offer extremely competitive compensation and benefit programs that include medical, dental and vision benefits, 401K savings plan, and more.