William Temple House
Couples and Family Therapy Program Manager
Come be part of a team. Come help train the next generation of practitioners and therapists. Make a difference in the lives of the marginalized and underserved. William Temple House is looking for a LMFT to lead their Couples and Family Counseling Program. As one of the main internship training programs in Portland, William Temple House trains students completing master’s degree in Counseling, Psychology and Social Work. This position will include supervision and co-counseling for that purpose. Working with lower resource clients gives counselor and supervisor an additional sense of contribution.
William Temple House was established in 1965 with the purpose of providing counseling and mental health services to folks who may not have the resources to access it. The agency has grown and now provides the community with 5,000 hours of low cost counseling per year. In a supportive environment counseling staff has access to weekly seminars covering a variety of professionally related topics. A collegial and supportive environment provides the safety to client and professional to create the program integrity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervision of Couples, Marriage and Family interns.
· Provide case consultation, training, and supervision on an as-needed basis especially when crisis or emergency intervention is required.
· Administer quarterly student evaluations to appropriate schools.
· Co-counsel with interns.
· Provide site supervision to maintain security of work site.
· Maintain records and application from clients; respond to applications and referrals in a timely manner.
· Perform intake interview with clients seeking Relationship Counseling.
· Maintain ethical and legal standards for counselors and social workers.
· Assist in the collection and reporting of program outcomes and incorporate into continuous program improvements.
· Deal with extremes of clients’ behavior to include suicide, psychosis and other challenges common to mental health clinics.
· Know and operationalize reporting laws.
· Participate in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative including serving as an active participant of workgroup(s).
· Participate in annual department planning and strategic planning.
· Attend staff meetings.
· Work two evenings per week.
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
· Master’s Degree required.
· Licensed CMFT or LPC with family and systems experience required.
· Experience with supervision, both group and individual required.
· Must have 2 years’ experience as a front-line clinician.
· Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Ability to work with diverse individuals through leadership, motivational, and conflict resolution skills.
· Must have suicide intervention skills.
· Work in other clinical settings including in-patient preferred.
- This job operates in an office environment and requires use of phones, computers, fax machine, copier and other office equipment.
- The Counseling Department is open Monday through Thursday and sees clients from 10-4 on Mondays and 10-8 Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
· William Temple House is a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization where all employees, volunteers, and clients, whatever their gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education, disability, or socio-economic status, are valued and respected.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time and work in front of a computer monitor. Involves reaching with hands and arms, talking, and hearing. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· This job position works out of historic building without an elevator and must be able to navigate stairs.
Compensation & Benefits:
This is a salaried, exempt, full-time (.8 FTE, 32 hours per week) position. The annual salary is $41,600. A background check and three professional references are required.
We offer a great benefits package that includes PTO, medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and a 401(k) plan with company match.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to jobs at williamtemple.org. No phone calls, please.
Organization provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran’s or other legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Organization complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.